Need some help, please, with Mexican travel documents......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brownie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Well, I've made 30+ trips to Coz over the years, but this is my 1st time planning a trip anywhere since Covid-19 descended on us. I'm doing the bag-drag via Cancun in September. I'm worried about understanding the ins and outs of required documentation for entry into Mexico.

1. Mexican Tourist Card: I located this online, completed it, saved the file, printed 2 copies. I think I'm OK.

2. Mexican Health Questionnaire: I located this online--it seems it is locked until 12 hours or so before flight time. It appears that it has to be completed online and it must be done twice: prior to the outbound and inbound flights. Am I correct on that?

3. Mexican Customs Form: I printed off 1 sheet of paper with 7 questions to answer, and room for a signature and date. This form doesn't look very "official", and I can't figure out whether or not it can be completed on-line. I would prefer to do it in advance of travel--I'm just not sure how.

I'm a techno-fossil, can barely navigate my cell phone:( so I thought it would be a good idea to ask for help.

Hi!
The Health Questionnaire is a very simple thing you can do on your phone. It'll just ask you name, passport, etc., then contact info, en the usual "I have not had the following symptoms" statement. When you are done, you get a QR code. Keep it on (and maybe screen cap it). Showing that is all they require - and you may not even be asked for it.

2. Mexican Health Questionnaire: I located this online--it seems it is locked until 12 hours or so before flight time. It appears that it has to be completed online and it must be done twice: prior to the outbound and inbound flights.
Where did you find that one?

3. Mexican Customs Form: I printed off 1 sheet of paper with 7 questions to answer, and room for a signature and date. This form doesn't look very "official", and I can't figure out whether or not it can be completed on-line. I would prefer to do it in advance of travel--I'm just not sure how.
I guess that you got that blank one at these two links...
https://www.mexicotouristcard.com/uploads/1/0/0/6/10068443/declaración_aduna_engl.1.pdf
https://www.mexicotouristcard.com/uploads/1/0/0/6/10068443/declaración_aduana_engl.2.pdf

The other choice for the customs form can be had at Inicio that you can complete in detail online no more than three days prior to arrival and print out.

Where did you find that one?

I guess that you got that blank one at these two links...
https://www.mexicotouristcard.com/uploads/1/0/0/6/10068443/declaración_aduna_engl.1.pdf
https://www.mexicotouristcard.com/uploads/1/0/0/6/10068443/declaración_aduana_engl.2.pdf

The other choice for the customs form can be had at Inicio that you can complete in detail online no more than three days prior to arrival and print out.

Thank you @DandyDon very much. With respect to the "Customs Card", I had only 1 part of it. Your links provided me with full version. I will try to save the links and complete it on-line

With respect to the "Health Questionnaire", I found it on-line after repeated searches--sorry, don't have the link.

Hope our paths cross some day--I'll treat for a fancy coffee!:)

Well, I've made 30+ trips to Coz over the years, but this is my 1st time planning a trip anywhere since Covid-19 descended on us. I'm doing the bag-drag via Cancun in September. I'm worried about understanding the ins and outs of required documentation for entry into Mexico.

1. Mexican Tourist Card: I located this online, completed it, saved the file, printed 2 copies. I think I'm OK.

2. Mexican Health Questionnaire: I located this online--it seems it is locked until 12 hours or so before flight time. It appears that it has to be completed online and it must be done twice: prior to the outbound and inbound flights. Am I correct on that?

I'm a techno-fossil, can barely navigate my cell phone:( so I thought it would be a good idea to ask for help.

Flying into CUN, have your docs ready but it's likely you won't be asked for them. We've been twice this year and so far nobody has asked for anything except our passports and the immigration form. We also haven't been asked for our QR code, so I don't even know if what was filled out online was registered. That process seemed a bit glitchy. We're flying into CUN on Tuesday, so I guess we'll see if anyone is more interested in the health form since we were there in June. Since covid is pretty bad there, maybe screening has increased.

Also, I was able to complete the customs form online and then print it. I also felt like it didn't look very official, so I also filled out the card the flight attendant gave me. I'll do the same for next week and will see if they accept the computer generated form.

Hi!
The Health Questionnaire is a very simple thing you can do on your phone. It'll just ask you name, passport, etc., then contact info, en the usual "I have not had the following symptoms" statement. When you are done, you get a QR code. Keep it on (and maybe screen cap it). Showing that is all they require - and you may not even be asked for it.

Thank you @Guille Giova I will ask my husband or a neighbourhood 12-year-old to help me use my cell phone to accomplish that.

I turn 70 in a few months; technology is not my forte.

Flying into CUN, have your docs ready but it's likely you won't be asked for them. We've been twice this year and so far nobody has asked for anything except our passports and the immigration form. We also haven't been asked for our QR code, so I don't even know if what was filled out online was registered. That process seemed a bit glitchy. We're flying into CUN on Tuesday, so I guess we'll see if anyone is more interested in the health form since we were there in June. Since covid is pretty bad there, maybe screening has increased.

Also, I was able to complete the customs form online and then print it. I also felt like it didn't look very official, so I also filled out the card the flight attendant gave me. I'll do the same for next week and will see if they accept the computer generated form.

This is reassuring, that people are able to navigate the new challenges that travel presents. Bravo! You have given me hope!

Hope our paths cross some day--I'll treat for a fancy coffee!
When are you going? I'll be there Saturday if all goes well.

Don, do you mean 30 days? Oops nevermind I see that the arrival date picker only lets you go out 3 days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom