need some clarification and maybe some recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveman1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everybody!! Thanks in advance for your help and time whoever responds!!

I am an padi open water cert with 12 dives, my last dive was within the past 6 months, i have my padi card with me but I forgot to bring my log book with me... All the dive center websites ive seen say its mandatory to have your log book, with a stamped log entry within the past 6 months They say Israeli law is very strict about diving and that you have to take a refresher course... They all want at least over 50 bucks for a refresher course. I know its all about saftey, which I am for but I dont believe I need one... They want you to buy insurance too for 100 shekels (which ive never heard of buts its fine by me) and want tons of $ for a guided dive and its getting to the point where it seems overly expensive and I would just go snorkle instead. Thats at least over 100 bucks for each of us before the cost of diving!! Come on!!! Is there a chill dive center that doesnt break the rules but is flexible about not having a log book and has fair prices?? Is there any independent divers with gear out there that want to take my girl and I out diving? I didnt have much space to bring stuff and only have my dive computer with me.We will be going within a week, probably around sept 24-25... I really wanted to dive the red sea but i dont want to fork over around 500 bucks for X2 2 tank dives... If you have been down there whats your favorite dive site?? Thanks again to anybody that can help me shed some light on this!!

Last edited:
What I don´t understand is:
you write that you forgot to bring your logbook, which means you are there already, and than you write that you will be travelling next week...

Sorry, I am in Israel and traveling to Eilat in a few days... My log book is on the other side of the world!

I found listings for a red Sea Sports Club, Snuba Eilat, Lucky Divers, The Dolphin Reef and several other shops.
Middle East > Israel > Dive Centres, dive shops, diving courses, boats, clubs,vacation: page #2 of 3
Scuba Diving

Get in touch w/ them and see what you can agree. I find the logbook thing a little hard to believe. Perhaps the majority of divers almost never log their dives, and those that do usually don't get signatures or stamps in their logbook. A logbook is not an official record of anything, it's just for you, for fun & memories.

Yes thats what I thought a log book is for also. I always log my dives and enjoy looking back at them for memories and reference!! On all the websites it specificly states they need the log book. I guess its best to contact them direct and see what they say... I will take a look at those links, thank you!!

Does anybody have access to your logbook back home. They could scan a few pages and email it to you.

I locked up my room and nobody has access, I was thinking that too... Thanks everybbody for the quick responses...

They can scroll back on your computer. I have been diving all over the world since 1973 and have never been asked to provide a log book, even in Ceasaria Isreal.

At 12 dives total a refresher will not do any harm if your last dive was a few months ago. I think these $50 would be well spent.
I always enjoy my check dives at new destinations :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom