Need one Captain..okay "driver" and two friends

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
does EVERY thread have to digress?

I wish you all would make Hawaii Forum your second home and take the heat off me trying to stay on topic.---it is so stressful

Ya'll could check Travelzoo and get cheap tickets.

Or send little doll versions of yourself and we will take you two out for a spin, Moonie-style!

ugh..watch the spelling now. Chum....me and Jen, get it? I'm so funny. chum..sharks get her, you watch and get to see sharks for once.

Ack!! Am I back to being chum again??? :11:

well....we would never do that to you.

But something bad can happen when your friends chum the water when you are trying to dive. That's my problem here. I will be diving along and all of a sudden out of nowhere my buddies are slinging fish guts around, in the hopes of finding bigger fish to spear. Very disconcerting. But if that is the only way to get a captain....we may have to buck up, Jen.

Lisa. Think about it. Cheryl is a great candidate. Responsible. Smart. Cool and collected. have you seen her dive? The girl is very together. I say we send her for a crash course on docking....would give us some options here. We are staring down the barrel of eight months of a boat sitting. Oh...I plan to learn to dock. Just not this week. I am off my game.

I think JB liked the idea of Rockjock driving. Or Wildcard. I think VBlueV has excellent potential but Jimbo threatened me.

Too bad the auto-pilot is not more sophisticated....

catherine96821:
Okay...THINK. Who can drive the boat? Johhny PANG.... he chums the water every chance he gets though...rains fish guts. I hate that. BUT he knows the secret spots being a hunter type....great captain.

What is John doing these days? I should've asked his mom when I saw her a few weeks ago - but it's just idle curiosity. Don't want him thinking I'm stalking him or anything.

catherine96821:
Another angle for you and I, Lisa is to find a dock valet. He could get us out and then swim a short distance back to the dock.

I believe this is a great idea. A boat valet to get it out of the slip and to park (is that the wrong term?) it when you return. Then he wash the boat down afterwards for you too. Does anybody do this - or do boat owners prefer to do that washing down stuff themselves?

We could ask Captain Scott.....he might be able to do vallet or know someone,

I wish I could help... I'm only allowed to drive as far as Hickam:(

C-

We talked about this. You need to learn how. Practice, practice, practice.

You right...but I am outta RAM lately.

Johhny Pang is working for Seabreeze (Jeff Krantz) Ko-ko marina and seems very happy (and tan).

Keone--we would be playing it by ear because if it is pretty flat, I can handle that. Sometimes over off Diamond Head gets too rough for me, at this stage. Handles like a dream...but following seas still cause me a little anxiety trying to time the swell sets. Only following seas hard. (Cat) Taking it head-on, very smooth cause you can trim the engines and pull the nose up a bit. The airchannel down the middle really forms a "lift" and the cushion effect is unreal.

Unless it is pretty calm, we should probably do the Corsair or Fantasy reef.

I need coordinates for Fantasy though. Baby Barge is beckoning...sharks there almost every day I hear and I am still trying to get a shot of a diver with a torch coming throught the hatch.

The GPS has the "highway" and it is pretty easy unless the sea is rough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom