Need input on Cressi S300 BC or Sherwood Avid 2007 model BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

quadcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys I am a new diver and looking into purchasing my first BC. Does anyone have any input or knowledge of either of these BC's? The Cressi S300 or the Sherwood Avid 2007 model? I have heard decen't things about the Avid but a couple reviews said its very dangerous with the inflator hose suddenly inflating the BC at any time. I have not found any info on the S300.

Thanks guys

Both companies are reputable and in fact my first BC was a Sherwood, my second a Mares and I am now in a Cressi, soon to transition to a Soprassub. The S300 is a nice stable garment, well constructed and the benefit of Cressi is longevity of their components. To a large degree chosing a vest is dependent on the type of diving you intend on doing. Do you need large pockets, D rings for equipment etc. If you are located in South Florida contact me at AquaticOpsDiving@gmail.com as I may be able to arrange a demo of the Cressi and Soprassub models to help you make an informed decision. One final comment I only stock what a customer orders. Other vendors will try to sell you what they have on a rack to reduce their inventory, not always to meet the need of the buyer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom