Need Ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GA Under Water

Divemaster
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I am going to be building or modifying my Garage so that one area can be used to hang/store my Equipment. I need some Ideas.

I am thinking a 2X6 mounted to the wall with Eye-Bolts bored into it will give me ample hanging strength. I can hang the BC through the Eye-bolt then have string looped to hold the Regulator, a little higher for wetsuit hanging. Saw this setup at the LDS figured it would work for the limited area I have in my Garage.

Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

We use a piece of heavy pipe clamped betwen two large, heavy duty plastic shelving units. If you search the Home Depot web site for SKU # 421770, they're $44 right now, and I'm sure all the other oversized box-stores have similar units.

The pipe lets us hang things like a clothes rack (two rebreathers, a few wetsuits, a couple sets of OC gear) and the shelves, which are nice and open, are where we stash all other gear - soft weights, lights, fins, various internal rebreather bits, a dozen or so regulators, etc. The open shelving (and plastic, impervious to salt water) lets the gear dry pretty rapidly, as there's good airflow around everything. The only gripe I have is that we can't hang the pipe high enough for the drysuits, so we put a few cup hooks into the beams next to the rack, and we hang the drysuits from those.

Underneath the pipe between the two shelving units, I put a few eye bolts into the wall, and we stand up (and strap) all of the tanks to the wall - 80s, 40s, 20s, and the bank bottles. Anything smaller than a 20, we just lie down in between (the 6s and the 13s don't stand up well...)

It's actually fairly compact. We use the top of one shelving unit to store rubbermaid tubs for rinsing gear, and we actually use the second shelf unit for backpacking and mountaineering gear, as we really didn't need two sets of shelves for dive gear. One shelf unit and a hanging rack easily accomidates gear for two, and, in reality, we probably have a full set of gear for four on it fairly efficiently.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom