Need HP hose to mount Perdix AI transmitter. Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not necessary at all. I have been on 10 or 11 trips with a transmitter on my 1st stage without a hose, and the better half has one now a few trips old (perdix AI). Never had an issue.

I don't have a transmitter for my perdix now, but if I ever got an AI, I would not put a hose there.

Thank you.
P3 is explicitly labeled "HP" , the P2 is not. Important?
What are the advantages of one over the other?
All things being equal (are they?), I'd lean towards the smaller of the two - looks like the P2 is stubby - shorter but wider; the P3 is longer but thinner.
Assuming the "spool stem" will stick out of the regulator first stage, then I'd probably rather have a "shorter" stem (a longer stem risks being used as a lifting handle just like the transmitter would).

So how exactly do these attach?

Transmitter - hose - stem spool - first stage?
Transmitter - stem spool - hose - first stage?

(And yes, I know: get spare o-rings when I get the stems, and bring them along...)

Thanks again, appreciate the education.

The spool goes in between the hose end and the transmitter. That's where swiveling with a gauge would occur. There is no need for swiveling with a transmitter - the purpose here is to create a seal between the hose and the transmitter.
Choose your size based upon what fits in the transmitter, and how much length you have to work with (depth of the transmitter hole, depth of the hose hole). That's the advantage of P3 if it fits - the flange keeps the stem from slipping so deeply into one or the other that the o-ring slips out of the other land.
P1 is appropriate only where the holes/lands for the stem are narrow. Since you're on a time crunch, buy all three - they're cheap.

Although 90 duro 2-003 o-rings are favored for high pressure uses like this, it may not be possible to slip a 90 over the stem end without splitting the oring. In that case, a 70 duro will work just fine, because the tolerance between the hole and the stem is so small (unless you put a thin P1 into a wide P2 hole, in which case the o-ring will extrude with a loud pop and a hiss).

Last edited:
Last edited:
Here's a video showing how to do it, though for some reason, Suunto demo'ed it on a long hose. Stupid. Confuses the issue.

Not necessary at all. I have been on 10 or 11 trips with a transmitter on my 1st stage without a hose, and the better half has one now a few trips old (perdix AI). Never had an issue.

I don't have a transmitter for my perdix now, but if I ever got an AI, I would not put a hose there.

Strongly disagree, for all the reasons posted by others above. Your results may vary. See @MargaritaMike's excellent post above. It only has to happen once: $300, plus hope you brought a spare SPG along. Yes, the hose is a failure point. So, check/maintain your gear. No, the transmitter doesn't flop around and bang. Yes, in some cases, the extra 6" away from your tank may help with dodgy reception by computer.

Last edited:
I was surprised at how hard it is to find a photo of this common arrangement.

Here's one:
https://photos.smugmug.com/DIYGearTips/Scuba-Gear-related-tips/i-n7b6gq4/0/0ccb9338/L/Adapter2-L.jpg

But I use a rubber hose - much cheaper than Miflex. More important, it's LESS flexible. It doesn't "flop around" even when not pressurized. Available on Amazon.

I can post a photo of my setup if someone really wants to see it.
Yes I would like to see it; please.
I also have a transmitter on my 40cuft pony slung on my slide. That one is under a elastic tank band.

Why not a 4-inch hose? Stiffer than the 6-inch, still prevents the handling error.

Having never seen one but now convinced its a neat idea, I think the length should be enough so that it can be secured to some other equipment. In case of a BC, to a shoulder ring; on a BP/W to the straps (not D rings).

Having never seen one but now convinced its a neat idea, I think the length should be enough so that it can be secured to some other equipment. In case of a BC, to a shoulder ring; on a BP/W to the straps (not D rings).
Bungee loop on the strap or inner tube around the inflater hose?

Why not a 4-inch hose? Stiffer than the 6-inch, still prevents the handling error.

Even better. Tell me where to find one, other than custom. They're bad enough at $15-30 sometimes plus shipping.

@compressor , pic coming. No real need for a loop to inflator hose - it's pretty stiff when pressurized. I've tried it both ways and don't bother with a loop any more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom