Need HP hose to mount Perdix AI transmitter. Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nwflyboy

Contributor
Reaction score
Have two new Perdix AI units (one for the wife/dive buddy, one for me). Finalizing our gear for an upcoming trip to Cozumel in a few weeks.

In a separate thread, multiple folks here recommended mounting the transmitter on a short HP hose rather than screwing it directly into our first stages...

I would suggest connecting the transmitters to the first stages via 6 inch HP hoses so no knucklehead uses it as a handle.

I would third that!

OK, I suppose that's a smart move - there are plenty of knuckleheads around (I even see one occasionally when I look in the mirror...).

I assume I just need a short (the shorter the better), generic HP hose. I assume standard size male fitting on one end (the tank), female on the other (screw in the transmitter). Anything else special needed?

Any recommendations? I'll need it fairly fast, so amazon is good for that if they have an appropriate one...

Thanks for any pointers.

Any of the 6" HP rubber hoses should be fine. I like sticking with the XS Scuba brand myself.

Why add another point of failure? Why would anyone grab a tank with a regulator on it anyway?

Why add another point of failure? Why would anyone grab a tank with a regulator on it anyway?
DM’s on cattle boats are grabbing regs all the time. I wouldn’t risk my transmitter being grabbed or banged either.

Would that do more potential damage than good?? You jump in the water and the tramsmitter flops around
Have two new Perdix AI units (one for the wife/dive buddy, one for me). Finalizing our gear for an upcoming trip to Cozumel in a few weeks.

In a separate thread, multiple folks here recommended mounting the transmitter on a short HP hose rather than screwing it directly into our first stages...

OK, I suppose that's a smart move - there are plenty of knuckleheads around (I even see one occasionally when I look in the mirror...).

I assume I just need a short (the shorter the better), generic HP hose. I assume standard size male fitting on one end (the tank), female on the other (screw in the transmitter). Anything else special needed?

Any recommendations? I'll need it fairly fast, so amazon is good for that if they have an appropriate one...

Thanks for any pointers.
Why move the AI to a hose? Now it can flop around and hit the tank and cause potential damage. I am against the idea for what its worth.

Would that do more potential damage than good?? You jump in the water and the tramsmitter flops around

Why move the AI to a hose? Now it can flop around and hit the tank and cause potential damage. I am against the idea for what its worth.

Can you just bungee it to the first stage like some people do with the SPG on a pony bottle so there's no flopping around?

A six inch hp hose won’t be doing any flopping once pressurized....

Reactions: Zef
Because nobody has said it--you need a spool and an adapter for your hose. I've done it for a couple people before. They're relatively inexpensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom