Need help with ebay find

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dunno if you ended up getting one or not, I don't have a basis of knowledge on these, but I can tell you that you will hear many that will say you need to buy a properly fitted suit. If you fall within the fittings that are available and the seals are good I don't know that you couldn't do it. I hope you have searched here and on line. Good luck.

I dunno if you ended up getting one or not, I don't have a basis of knowledge on these, but I can tell you that you will hear many that will say you need to buy a properly fitted suit. If you fall within the fittings that are available and the seals are good I don't know that you couldn't do it. I hope you have searched here and on line. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I've been doing a lot of searching lately both on here and on ebay/craiglist/etc. I wish I dove more to justify spending 1,000 on a drysuit but unfortunately its just not the case. There's a dive shop in the bay area getting ready to close up shop so I'm going to try to make it out next week. Unfortunately I'm working 6 days straight this week but I'm hoping maybe Monday.

The nice thing there's absolutely no rush so I can kick back and watch for a deal in my price range.

Since I posted this thread the suit I posted about expired and hasn't been relisted. And they haven't answered my email so who knows whats going on with that.

I have a Typhoon drysuit that I bought on ebay. I installed new boots, (bought the boots at the farm supply store and used automotive urethane adhesive), and mine has the 'dog-collar' rings for the wrist and neck seals. I can change a seal in minutes. Mine has the zipper across the chest and a strap that wraps around behind my back. The SiTech valves are easy to service and reliable. YMMV

DC

Back
Top Bottom