Need help to find dive agency in Malapascua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbb > thanks for the TSD comments. Am planning to go with them in January '10 and stay at Cocobana.

I hope you gave them your feed back while you were there. If you won't dive with them again it must have been more than minor issues....

Well as you said... you're friends... They are running a business and I was a customer. I had a disagreement with Andrea on the way I was billed.

I was ready to leave... I argued and she discounted what she originally asked for, but I still paid more than I should have. My return transportation was set up through them, so I just went ahead and paid.

I'm sure she would have a different recollection than I do (I'm sure if you ask her she will have a very rational explanation), but I reviewed the emails we exchanged when I got home and my recollection of our agreement was the correct one. I have no reason to make anything up. Obviously I wouldn't write this, if I left a happy customer.

As I stated before... many people do dive with them and have no problems.

I've worked in retail management. I understand the lifetime value of a customer. I understand that the customer can take their business elsewhere and that if they leave unhappy, they can cause you to lose business. I don't believe Andrea understands this.

I was willing to leave it as a misunderstanding. People do make mistakes sometimes. I've made my share, but as I said before, I reviewed our emails when I got home.

I originally gave her the benefit of the doubt and left this out of my trip report... in hindsight perhaps I shouldn't have. I've never recommended them to anyone. People who read my reports see that I do recommend a dive op if I'm happy with them.

Based on my experience, I would suggest that anyone who dives with them make sure they spell everything out and take a copy of that agreement with them... just in case.

There are many other dive operations there. I will spend my money elsewhere next time I go to Malapascua.

TSD do have a high international profile, they do a lot of marketing and sign up customers for all inclusive packages, fine for some I guess....

but I just think you are better off shopping around once there for both dive operators and accomodation, there is lots to choose from. As for transport, at the airport in Cebu you are given lots of options, you can get a personal taxi at a good price without trying very hard, or the public bus if you have the time.

I had bad luck with the groups/DM's that I went diving with at TSD, it was unpleasant, so I moved on after three days diving with them. The admin side: no problems but I paid per dive / course. I stayed the first night in a place they took me to but that was unpleasant, so I moved on the next day.

I was so impressed with Malapasuca Dive Resort with the prior 2 stays I had with them that I'm going back this year- with 5 other divers!
In order to have your food served to you in the shortest time- give your order as you are coming back from the boat and walking towards your room. It works for me all the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom