Need help to find dive agency in Malapascua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lemonthyme

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I'm planning to dive at Malapascua but am quite undecided over which agency I should choose. Found these 3 when I ran a google search:

1. Sea-Explorers
2. Malapascua Exotic Dive Resort
3. Thresher Shark Divers

Has anyone dived with any of those agencies before? Any recommendations which agency I should go for? I'm also planning to complete AOW and Nitrox.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

First trip to Malapascua I used Exotic. Good if you want one stop convenience of having a dive shop right at the resort. A little further north on the beach from the main restaurants etc but the beach is bit better in front. Has a house reef. Decent food at the resort restaurant but like the rest of island, service can be a bit slow. Tong, the local guide, was pretty good. I didn't have to interact with the foreign staff. Bangkas and equipment are in good shape. I think they had internet in the back.

Second trip, We used Thresher Shark Divers (TSD) as a friend had organized the trip. Again great service and staff. Nice bar on top of the shop which now I guess they've added a restaurant. Excellent way to wind down after a day of diving. Closer to the southern part of the beach and you have various resort/ room options nearby.

There is lots of options there, just arrive and shop around. I did the nitrox course with TSD and the training was good, but little bit stiff in the upper lip there for me, so did the rest of my dives there with Explorers. And also dont get suckered into pre-booking accomodation, just do a walk-around and check it out for the best deal / room / location.

try dive link cebu
afaik they are cheaper than all those dive shops you mentioned and they are very helpful and friendly. although they dont have accomodations of their own they can help you out get rooms that suit your budget.
give it a shot. contact Prima at:
divelinkcebu@yahoo.com
+63(32)231-4633

and tell her give you the rates she gave to Bob (me)

cheers :)

try dive link cebu
afaik they are cheaper than all those dive shops you mentioned and they are very helpful and friendly. although they dont have accomodations of their own they can help you out get rooms that suit your budget.
give it a shot. contact Prima at:
divelinkcebu@yahoo.com
+63(32)231-4633

and tell her give you the rates she gave to Bob (me)

cheers :)

oops sorry for that double post

Hi, I'm planning to dive at Malapascua but am quite undecided over which agency I should choose. Found these 3 when I ran a google search:

1. Sea-Explorers
2. Malapascua Exotic Dive Resort
3. Thresher Shark Divers

Has anyone dived with any of those agencies before? Any recommendations which agency I should go for? I'm also planning to complete AOW and Nitrox.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

I dive with TSD on a regular basis. I would recommend them. They can help you with accomodations and there are a variety of budgets for that on the island. Depending on when you are going to be there rooms should be easy to get. Stop in at all of the shops and talk to the instructuctors or send them a list of questions via email. Really I think they all would give good instruction.

There is lots of options there, just arrive and shop around. I did the nitrox course with TSD and the training was good, but little bit stiff in the upper lip there for me, so did the rest of my dives there with Explorers. And also dont get suckered into pre-booking accomodation, just do a walk-around and check it out for the best deal / room / location.

Kinda on a tight schedule, worried that there might not be rooms/spaces for courses left when i arrive. So most probably going to book the course and accommodation before the trip.

Thanks for the help =]

I dive with TSD on a regular basis. I would recommend them. They can help you with accomodations and there are a variety of budgets for that on the island. Depending on when you are going to be there rooms should be easy to get. Stop in at all of the shops and talk to the instructuctors or send them a list of questions via email. Really I think they all would give good instruction.

Thanks for the help! A little worried about diving with TSD as i've read some negative reviews about them..Have looked at all the websites emailed both agencies and Sea Explorers seems to be more organised and efficient. Rates doesn't differ much..so most likely going for Explorers.

I dived with TSD when I went there. Sea Explorers did look a lot more organized. I would likely dive with them or Exotic if I make another trip there.

I stayed at Hippocampus which was right next door to Sea Explorers. Nice place :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom