Need Help Planning My Labor Day WE Visit, please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I have long wanted to come up and explore the diving opportunities there, and this looks like as good a time as any. I found reasonable air fares up there for the weekend, and I know that I love the countryside and San Juans from previous visit - but I want to set up a dozen or so good dives if I can.

I'll be researching the resources I can find here and on Google, but - where do I start? Any suggestions would be appreciated. And - if anyone would like to dive with me, I'll behave.... :blush:

thanks, don

DandyDon:
I have long wanted to come up and explore the diving opportunities there, and this looks like as good a time as any. I found reasonable air fares up there for the weekend, and I know that I love the countryside and San Juans from previous visit - but I want to set up a dozen or so good dives if I can.

I'll be researching the resources I can find here and on Google, but - where do I start? Any suggestions would be appreciated. And - if anyone would like to dive with me, I'll behave.... :blush:

thanks, don
Start with Deep Sea Charters ... www.deepseacruise.com ... I'll be returning from Bonaire on Sept. 03. If you're still here on the 4th, I'd enjoy diving with ya.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If you got the time I suggest going to Vancover Island and diving some of the ship wrecks, you will get better vis and alot cooler stuff to look at.

JUMBO

NWGratefulDiver:
Start with Deep Sea Charters ... www.deepseacruise.com ... I'll be returning from Bonaire on Sept. 03. If you're still here on the 4th, I'd enjoy diving with ya.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I am honored at the offer, and I'll certainly keep it in mind if possible, but I think that Monday may be my dry day before flying out that night at midnight. I might be in the rain forest that day? This could change.

I have emailed Deep Sea and am interested in what they may have going that weekend. If the whales are running, they may be more interested in whale watchers, but we'll see?

Looks like y'all have some great shore diving around the sound, depending on the tides and all. I'll be researching those in the next week - and looking for dive buddies.

Vancouver Is is on my want-to list. Maybe next year...?

thanks!

I was out with Deep Sea yesterday. On our SI between dives 1 and 2 we spent about an hour watching the orcas. It was a confluence of all three resident pods (not common), and there were probably 70-80 orcas in the vicinity at the same time.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Don,
Do you promise to behave...hehe...
If you want to do some diving in the San Juans, Deep Sea is the outfit on that...for the South Sound give Bandito Charters a call. They are a great outfit. We have some great shore dives as well and I am sure there are several potential dive buddies here that would dive with you. Let me know you itinerary and I am sure we could hook up.
Kirsten

Are you going to base yourself in one community and then dive out of there or are you a wanderin'?

It would be good to meet you!

There's good shore diving in a lot of sites -- which dives would be best depend a great deal on where you would be staying (traffic in our area is awful -- even on weekends -- and seems to get nothing but worse). Give us details and we can go on and on with recommendations . . .

Sasquatch:
Are you going to base yourself in one community and then dive out of there or are you a wanderin'?

It would be good to meet you!
Haven't decided yet. Just starting to look at possibilities. South sound and San Juan Islands both sound great. Looks like I'll try to stay mobile, start at sound end after arriving late at nite, then move up to Anacortes for one night, maybe move back. Still up in air.

It'd be nice to meet you, too.

TSandM:
There's good shore diving in a lot of sites -- which dives would be best depend a great deal on where you would be staying (traffic in our area is awful -- even on weekends -- and seems to get nothing but worse). Give us details and we can go on and on with recommendations . . .
Yeah, I've read some of your posts on the shore dives. My ocean experiences have all boats dives. I would be willing to hire a DM to check me out on a shore dive maybe, if needed. Appreciate help, but don't want to impose.

Oh, man, you don't need to hire a DM to do shore diving around here . . . Around here, you announce that you want to go diving and you beat the people who want to go with you off with a stick!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom