Need help choosing a doubles wing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AL80 doubles+wetsuit-if you would dive a HP130 with a single bladder as most would

Please expand on why you think that most would dive a single HP130 vs Double AL80s? Assuming all are filled to rated pressure you are loosing 30CF of gas and you are losing redundancy unless you use a pony with the 130.

I use the Dive Rite Classic XT wing with my HP80 (small) doubles. Works fine. I leave the bungee on. Others won’t. YMMV.

I think the most likely failure point would be the zip ties which attach the corrugated hose to the wing and the inflator. In this case a dual bladder wing would be helpful.

I think the most likely failure point would be the zip ties which attach the corrugated hose to the wing and the inflator. In this case a dual bladder wing would be helpful.

I’m having trouble visualizing how the zip ties could cause a bladder puncture.

I’m having trouble visualizing how the zip ties could cause a bladder puncture.

Not causing a puncture, but instead if the zip tie fails, it could lead to the corrugated hose coming off the wing entirely.

IMHO, I love the dive rite and halcyon wings. The Dive Rite Classic, which was recently re-introduced, is a fantastic wing. The Halcyon evolve is another fantastic wing. I currently dive the Evolve and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Out of Dive Rite Classic and Halcyon, which do you think is a better choice?

I used the Deep Sea Supply Torus 49lb wing with Worthington HP100s and AL80s in salt and freshwater and it worked great. Also with HP120s but not often. It definitely floats the full rig in the water if that's something you're looking for.

I've transitioned over to using the Evolve 40 because I switched out my local use tanks to LP85s as the HP100 was a little short for me.

@chasep255 I don't use the DSS Torus 49 any more and have it listed for sale if you're interested.

Deep Sea Supply doesnt exist anymore do they? Or do they exist under a different name?

Out of Dive Rite Classic and Halcyon, which do you think is a better choice?

I've had both. Both are good. Long term, the Halcyon is better. I think it's just better build quality.

I've had both. Both are good. Long term, the Halcyon is better. I think it's just better build quality.

Shape is different, though, if that matters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom