Need Help! Ascent Rate flashing on pro plus 2 computer!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an Oceanic Geo 2.0, I'm a very slow ascender, on all 70 logged dives it shows the ascent warning in the logs. The ascent alarm has never gone off during a dive (I do monitor it).

I recently picked up a suunto which is more conservative and don't get ascent warnings in the logs. I always thought something was fishy with this.

Some people have suggested that you may be violating the ascent rate at the end of the dive, and you seem to indicate that is possible. Just be aware that the last part of the dive is when you want to ascend the slowest. Regardless of what your computer says, the ascent after the safety stop should be a slow crawl to the surface.

bargeman,

A few years back we had a good discussion about this issue with Aeris/Oceanic computers. No matter how careful you are you violate the ascent rate when you raise your arm to look at the computer. I know they are supposed to measure your ascent at 4 second intervals but that appears to be bs. I'm not the most experienced diver but there are a few in the linked thread that I have quite a bit of respect for. Anyway, this should interest you: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/basic-scuba-discussions/296149-aeris-dive-computer.html

Also interesting is that I purchased an Aeris XR1NX and now use the XR1 as a backup. Just got back from a week in Bonaire where, just for the heck of it, I kept the older computer in my bc pocket for the entire week. Guess what my computer logs showed me. 3 bars showing on my wrist computer on a few dives and on one dive, 3 flashing bars for good measure. The backup computer in my pocket - never more than two bars - and that included dives deeper than 60 ft where you pass through that transition zone of 60/30 fpm.

boat

thanks, i will check it out.

---------- Post added March 21st, 2013 at 06:57 PM ----------

I will take your advise, nice and slow! I am new at this forum format, I am so impressed with all the info that all of you are willing to pass on! Thanks so much.

---------- Post added March 21st, 2013 at 07:04 PM ----------

I love my pro plus, I am at that magic age where i cant see close up, the large screen is awesome! thanks for your reply

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom