Need Final 2 dives to complete OW...see text

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medcop

Reaction score
Okay...I am in need of the final 2 check off dives to complete my OW cert (PADI.)

I would really like to do them July 29 and 30...or both on the 29th and get in a couple fun dives on the 30th. I am sorta' stuck on these dates as I am a nursing student and don't have clinicals that weekend.

I live in Naples and would be more than willing to travel 2-3 hours in any direction.

Anyone recommend an instructor or dive shop that could do the 2 check offs and a couple other dives on Sunday?

I have all my own equipment (no weights or tanks.)

Dixie Divers in Deerfield Beach... it's about 2 to 2.5 hours drive from Naples.
They have 2 trips on Saturdays and Sundays.

Talk to Nick, tell him Wys sent you.

I'm pretty sure there a tons of other outfits in the FT. Lauderdale/Miami area as well.

Good luck.
Wys.

I have dove with South Florida Divers in Pompano Beach, a very good shop

Matteo:
check with your current instructor...I'm sure they could give you a recommendation, as they will have to fill out a referral form anyway

Did my Scuba Diver Cert. on a cruise ....so I have my paperwork..just need to dive.

Call Dean's Dive Center here is South Fort Myers. Just ask for Brent as he is the owner of the business. They have OW classes running several times each month. They do the OW certification dives in Marathon at Tildens Dive Center and yes it is worth the drive! You can come to the pool sessions on Wednesday evenings if necessary. I did the pool season this past week to checkout my recently serviced equipement and to practice some skills. Heading down to Key Largo this week to dive with Bluewater Divers

http://www.deansdivecenter.com/

Medcop,

You could do the PADI OW checkout (last 2 dives) with me over in Ft. Lauderdale, a 1.5 to 2 hr drive at the most. You could stay at Homestead Suites on SR 84 near University drive, just off of I-595. You might find a beach hotel at summer rates as well.

I'd configure the day or week-end:
* Saturday morning (0830 hrs) complete the paper work.
Some Knowledge review.
A beach dive or some pool time depending on how long it has been since your cruise ship course. Objective is to re-familierize you with equipment and essential skills, building confidence, knowledge and safety. If a beach dive we might also do dive #3 skills.

*Saturday afternoon - a 2 tank boat dive, completing your OW training. If you want, and previous training completion permits, we can start you on the way to Advanced Open water certification and do your first dive of AOW. There will be additional paper work, reading from the AOW Student manual and AOW Knowledge review completion.

I'd want your paperwork faxed to me in advance to ensure all the paper work will be present, accurate and correct on Saturday AM. I would not want you to make the drive over "The Alley" and have to abort the training for lack of correct and adequeate paperwork (Medical, Refereral form, etc.)

* Sunday could be beach dive(s) or boat dives. If you elect the AOW training option it will be a busy Saturday evening reading and diving Sunday, but we could get up to three more of your (5 required minimum) AOW dives completed.

Let me know one way or the other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom