Need Deco Dive Buddy in August - Austin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daylonious

Señor Pantalones
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all!

Lucked into a once-in-a-lifetime trip in September getting a full Trimix / Ext Range class in the Dominican Republic by a top instructor.

Would like to get in a few dives as I can to refresh the skills at Mansfield Dam - gas switching / dive planning / etc.

Plan is to spend 3 of the 4 weekends in Austin in August - maybe get in 4 deco dives a weekend?

Looking for someone with Adv. Nitrox / Deco Procedures cert - plan on doing "light tech" 130-140 foot dives at the dam.

Anyone game?

Daylon

I might be game for late Aug.....2 weeks of Aug will be at the Great Lakes. You diving with John Chatterton at the shop he now co-owns..?

LOL! Maybe.... <grin>

Have a "dive interview" with him this Sunday - so I'll let you know if I make the cut or not. Have to admit, I kinda feel like a 12 year old girl getting a call from Hannah Montana...

D.

I might be game for late Aug.....2 weeks of Aug will be at the Great Lakes. You diving with John Chatterton at the shop he now co-owns..?

LOL! Maybe.... <grin>

Have a "dive interview" with him this Sunday - so I'll let you know if I make the cut or not. Have to admit, I kinda feel like a 12 year old girl getting a call from Hannah Montana...

D.

............ :rofl3:

i hate you; wish i was you? I have never met john, so i have no tips. I have been diving with some great divers . . . they are just people.

LOL! Maybe.... <grin>

Have to admit, I kinda feel like a 12 year old girl getting a call from Hannah Montana...

D.

This is enough to make you cough up your Man Card. Dude, you couldn't come up with something better than comparing yourself to a 12 y/o girl?!!! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Good luck.

TwoBit

I met John at DEMA last year. He's a regular guy and very approachable.

Ian was won of the guys I had in mind when I PMed you earlier. K-Valve and Zinc will probably be game as well.

Should probably ask, has anyone met / dove with John? What's he like? Any tips on first meetings?

You should take him a dozen roses, some chocolates and nylons...

Back
Top Bottom