Need buddies for Wed boat dives in West Palm - 2 tank dive for $55!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J322Y

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I had a very good experience on a Pirate’s Paradise boat leaving from Riviera Beach City Marina. The marina is at the inlet close to Blue Heron Bridge (not where you go to dive BHB).

Pirate’s has a Wednesday special for 2 dives, leaving at 10am, for $55. Tank/gas rental is additional. They have a 3 person minimum to go out, and will provide one mate and a dive master, with an additional mate if more people go. I believe it’s customary to tip $20. They do their best to earn it, so I wouldn’t be comfortable associating with non-tippers.

They’ll dive any sites the divers want to do. The trip I did with them we dove Triangles and Fourth Window. Both were excellent and I would do them again or something different. They describe where they think the best dives will be in the morning and then let the divers decide.

My schedule changes around a lot during the cooler months, but Wednesdays usually aren’t that busy. If we can get 3 or 4 divers together I think we would probably have the boat to ourselves. Can’t beat it for the money.

I wouldn't expect a commercial dive op to travel to far from the inlet with a minimum number of passengers. The caveat will be: They will dive anywhere you want as long as it is within the budgeted fuel. From what I've been seeing diving from my boat, it the dive ops are really starving for customers. Weekdays they mostly sit at the dock. Take care of the mates and dive master they are working strictly for tips and I wouldn't be surprised if the Capt. takes a cut as things are so slow. I'm fishing today and tomorrow but diving on Thursday which should be stellar. Good Viz has returned, though the reef is still a bit of a mess with a lot of sand coverage. Still a lot of dirty water getting flushed out of the ICW. The best conditions will be associated with the middle to latter stage of the incoming tide. Expect water temp 78 After front the front moves in everything changes.

I wouldn't expect a commercial dive op to travel to far from the inlet with a minimum number of passengers. The caveat will be: They will dive anywhere you want as long as it is within the budgeted fuel. From what I've been seeing diving from my boat, it the dive ops are really starving for customers. Weekdays they mostly sit at the dock. Take care of the mates and dive master they are working strictly for tips and I wouldn't be surprised if the Capt. takes a cut as things are so slow. I'm fishing today and tomorrow but diving on Thursday which should be stellar. Good Viz has returned, though the reef is still a bit of a mess with a lot of sand coverage. Still a lot of dirty water getting flushed out of the ICW. The best conditions will be associated with the middle to latter stage of the incoming tide. Expect water temp 78 After front the front moves in everything changes.
Thanks.

At this point I would be happy with wherever they would take me. :)

I saw that they have a dive tomorrow (Thurs) at 10am which is great for me since it's a 3 hour drive to get there. Not the Wed. special, but not bad at $70. Unfortunately they don't have anyone booked for that trip so not happening.

Weekends just don't work for me this time of year..

Jupiter Dive Center has a boat leaving at 10am tomorrow I think I'll book.

Looks like 3-4 seas, but vis is pretty good I believe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom