Need an inexpensive dive computer to backup my AI consoles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interested in an Aeris CS A300?

I can't even find an OEM battery hatch cover for my two Aeris Atmos AI computers. Had to bake an Aqualung i550 hatch cover to make that fit the Aeris, so I don't think I'll be buying any more Aeris products, but thank you anyway.

I can't even find an OEM battery hatch cover for my two Aeris Atmos AI computers. Had to bake an Aqualung i550 hatch cover to make that fit the Aeris, so I don't think I'll be buying any more Aeris products, but thank you anyway.
The Aeris brand is no longer supported. Oceanic and Hollis are supported by Huish

Also, consider that you only need one backup as it’s unlikely both computers will fail?

If they are doing that many dives a day, they each need to bring a backup with them on all dives unless they are OK to sit out a day, since they will each have different nitrogen loading.

If they are doing that many dives a day, they each need to bring a backup with them on all dives unless they are OK to sit out a day, since they will each have different nitrogen loading.

Not having a backup dive computer for each of us is not an option for me. I would much rather spend the money on backup computers than risk either of us having to skip a dive day, or we each do just two dives a day, and not with each other, hoping the second computer does not crash. For me, that would not make sense considering the 100+ mile boat ride each way to get to the Flower Garden Banks. Two extra computers to dive with my grandson=priceless.

Last edited:
Just bought a 2nd Genesis ReAct Pro from LeisurePro (used, excellent condition) for $179.

Not having a backup dive computer for each of us is not an option for me. I would much rather spend the money on backup computers than risk either of us having to skip a dive day, or we each do just two dives a day, and not with each other, hoping the second computer does not crash. For me, that would not make sense considering the 100+ mile boat ride each way to get to the Flower Garden Banks. Two extra computers to dive with my grandson=priceless.
Dive computer do fail and had happened to me twice. So now I dived with two.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom