Need an inexpensive dive computer to backup my AI consoles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Altamira

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am taking my grandson on the MV Fling to the Flower Garden Banks this summer for either a 2 or 4 day trip. They require dive computers on the charter, and I have two full sets of regs, Aeris Atmos AI computers, and backup analog gauge sets. I know the computers will keep up with 4-5 dives a day over multiple days, and I can set the conservatism of the computers within a reasonable range. Because of the requirement to have a dive computer, I think I should probably invest in a couple of relatively inexpensive backup computers-- just in case. Looking at the Genesis React Pro Air/Nitrox computer which is also built by Pelagic, so it should have the same algorithm as my Aeris Atmos. I thought about getting two Mares Puck Pros from LP, but am concerned that the difference in algorithms might show us in deco on the Puck when the Aeris shows no deco on a fairly aggressive dive schedule. I appreciate any inputs. Thank you.

I would go with the Genesis React Pro in a wrist mount. You can find it for just $20 more that the Oceanic Bud. Would be more satisfactory as a primary computer should you need it.

If you lose your AI computer you will also lose your pressure gauge. You may want to consider either another similar AI computer as backup or an SPG to replace the transmitter if you go with a non-AI backup. Also, consider that you only need one backup as it’s unlikely both computers will fail?

If you lose your AI computer you will also lose your pressure gauge. You may want to consider either another similar AI computer as backup or an SPG to replace the transmitter if you go with a non-AI backup. Also, consider that you only need one backup as it’s unlikely both computers will fail?
He already has backup analog gauge set

Look at the new i100 from Aqualung. Less than $200 and really simple to use. Four modes, two gases, and user changeable battery.

Look at the new i100 from Aqualung. Less than $200 and really simple to use. Four modes, two gases, and user changeable battery.
Atmos AI runs DSAT, Aqua Lung computers only run PZ+. Genesis runs DSAT and Oceanic runs both DSAT and PZ+

Deleted by me. Already answered

Back
Top Bottom