Need advice photo trip to scuba club cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nestor is the best DM ever, IMHO. Love him. Ariel is next for me at SCC. You ask him to find you ANYTHING and he will find it. He and Nestor are great at that.
If you want to do photography, I would make sure you book the trip with your group together on one boat, and let them know what you want to do. They will pick the reefs that work best each day.
Our last trip there, Oct last year, I didn't want to do any deep dives, wanted shallow, mostly because of photography/video but also because I have limited vision in one eye (no night vision at all) so deep and dark don't work for me now. They were great, I sat out a few deeper dives on the boat, but the second dive was always my choice. Our group of 6 was happy as a clam... easy long second dive with tons of fish every time. Perfect.

Over my several trips to Scuba Club, I have had Nestor as my Divemaster for two of them (about 50 dives). Great Divemaster, who is a wizard at finding all the small critters. Very cognizant of all the divers he is responsible for, and very cognizant of everyone's abilities. He lets you dive your computer, while at the same time setting limits based on currents and conditions if required.

I have also had Pepe and Geiser as my Divemaster on some of my trips. Like Nestor, they are great at finding small critters, and generally let you dive your computer.

I have had Tony, and Ariel as my Divemaster as well, but only on occasional dives when there were too many divers for one Divemaster.

In my experience, and based on conversations with other divers, all the Divemasters at Scuba Club are great. :yeahbaby:

Divegoose

Just returned from two weeks at Scuba Club - had a great divemaster in Daniel. I believe he is relatively new to Scuba Club. He was great for finding small things, and had a vast knowledge of all the different critters.

Divegoose

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom