Need advice on what to do about error in custom dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I've said, the suit FITS beautifully -- couldn't ask for anything better. They are going to replace the boots, and I am going to try the cuff dump. I did get some feedback from people who have used them who have no problems doing what I am going to be doing. The shop is doing everything they can to help me, and the manufacturer is, according to the shop, very accomodating. It's going to come out okay.

TSandM:
As I've said, the suit FITS beautifully -- couldn't ask for anything better. They are going to replace the boots, and I am going to try the cuff dump. I did get some feedback from people who have used them who have no problems doing what I am going to be doing. The shop is doing everything they can to help me, and the manufacturer is, according to the shop, very accomodating. It's going to come out okay.

Offtopic, but how does the flexibility (in terms of reaching valves, etc.) of your new drysuit compare with a warm water wetsuit?

It's not as flexible as my 3 mil wetsuit, but more flexible than my trilam dry suit. The material does stretch. It was the dratted valve drill that tipped me off to the venting problem, though -- I blew some extra air into the suit to try to reach my valve, and then couldn't get it back out!

H2ANDY:
i'm sure you could do it in ... what ... the next few days?

:wink:

I wouldn't say that, you can have it fast or you can have it right. I guess in this situation its you can have it fast, you can have it right, or you can have it custom. :D

Sorry you've had problems with the new suit. Hope the process comes out to your satisfaction one way or the other. If the shop is still willing to send it back to be redone if you're not happy with the cuff dump then that'd be win/win.

As I PM'd recently, I'm having my own issues with my suit...but that's another story for another time.

Did you find the Undies keep you as warm as you'd hoped?

Best of luck to you. Keep us posted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom