Need advice: ATX100 or ATX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarcHerm

Reaction score
Hi! I am new here and need some advice from you guys.
I am a beginning diver with about 15 dives under my belt but I want to have my own equipment. I am a cold water diver.
I am thinking of buying an ATX100 or ATX200 (either with an ATX40 octo). The price difference is about 80$ between the two sets.
Is it worth to spend the extra money? I think the port layout of the ATX200 is a bit better but unfortunately I cannot compare them side by side.

What do you think??

Thanks!!

Go with either one. I have the 100 but the 200 wasn't around then, and haven't had a lick of trouble from mine. You'll have to decide whether one is worth $80 more or not.

Heck, I'd go with a DS4, rather than an ATX200 or ATX100. I seriously doubt you'd be able to tell the difference if you weren't looking at it.

There is a big difference in the ATX 200 and the DS4 with regards to hose routing with singles due to their difference in shape, number of ports and how those ports are routed.

I have them both sitting in front of me and have used both in singles and in doubles rigs. I can confidently say that the 200 is far preferable and worth the $80 difference as a single tank reg.

Not sure what not looking at it has to do with diving it??? Is that some weird denial thing like the ravenous bugblatter beast of traal?

MarcHerm:
Hi! I am new here and need some advice from you guys.
I am a beginning diver with about 15 dives under my belt but I want to have my own equipment. I am a cold water diver.
I am thinking of buying an ATX100 or ATX200 (either with an ATX40 octo).

Thanks!!

Why not the ATX50? Features seem to be nearly identical between
the 50/100/200.

Anyone can advise why the DS4 1st is preferable to the ATX50? Am about to get the ATX50 unless someone can convince me otherwise...

The ATX50 comes standard with a DST first stage. The ATX50 is actually only the second stage. I believe you can get it with a DS4 first stage upon request.

The difference is that the DST has a swivel, the DS4 is one piece. Many people feel the swivel is unnecessary, an added failure point and adds bulk.

I think they may have changed the face plate only and jacked the price, common practice. I bought the new 200 and the jacked up price. But if you could bring the 100 & 200 down to depth and go back and forth between the two you will understand my statement. But I do love my Apeks 200 smokes my Scubapro mk25/600 "titanium" what a over priced deal. Use the Scubapro on the pony. For what I spent I got to get some use out of it.Future ebay item!

I have the DS4 version. Yes you can easily get it instead of the DST. It is a lot more low profile and provides the same breathability.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom