need a steel 72 tumbled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

r1_addict

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Anyone know of a place that has a tumbler? I need a 1969 72 tumbled to get rid of the Teflon coating inside so I can use it for an o2 tank. shop said they will not touch an older steel tank. That is BS as it was viped and hydroed just last year... It is in perfect condition.

Need a place the used aluminum oxide.

Last edited:
Well, you could do this:

Cheap.jpg

or this:

Cheapest.jpg

But no matter what you use to turn the tank, normal media will take a very long time to get resin out. I just use my resin coated tank for air and got a non-resin tank to use as a stage. But if you have your heart set on that tank as a stage, put in 3 pounds of stainless steel deck screws as your cutting media. Then clean up with normal media and a good alkaline cleaner/soap to get to O2 clean.

Well, you could do this:

Cheap.jpg

or this:

Cheapest.jpg

But no matter what you use to turn the tank, normal media will take a very long time to get resin out. I just use my resin coated tank for air and got a non-resin tank to use as a stage. But if you have your heart set on that tank as a stage, put in 3 pounds of stainless steel deck screws as your cutting media. Then clean up with normal media and a good alkaline cleaner/soap to get to O2 clean.

Necessity is the mother of invention! Nice...

Call this guy:
Dave
Advanced Hydrotest
Crystal River, FL
352-795-4157
352-422-1234

Im not saying he will do it or not, but he did an AWESOME job on my 10 contaminated cylinders a few months ago!

Call this guy:
Dave
Advanced Hydrotest
Crystal River, FL
352-795-4157
352-422-1234

Im not saying he will do it or not, but he did an AWESOME job on my 10 contaminated cylinders a few months ago!

Thanks,
I ended up taking to someone. Hope to have it back soon!

Keep the number for future reference. He was EXTREMELY good at cleaning up the mess of steel I brought him! He invited me to look at their condition coming into his shop and then their condition leaving. It was a HUGE differnece and he earned the $$$ I paid!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom