Need a Scubapro Guru with Luna experience!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jchance

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I obtained 3 Lunas from Scubapro last fall after sending in my older units for repair and the techs determining that they could not be saved. I purchased the upgraded units directly from Scubapro via the trade-up program for dead units and was planning to get complete units. Scubapro shipped the wrist units without the transmitters as they were backordered. They finally arrived at my local shop last week after a 3 1/2 month wait. The wrist units have worked flawlessly. However, I cannot get any of the transmitters to pair with any of the units!!

I have followed the directions in the manual numerous times. I checked via the software interface and made sure that there wasn't something else paired to the Lunas. Nothing has worked.

The transmitters shipped were Scubapro 06.203.407. The only number I have found associated with the Luna/Sol is 05.055.020. Are these the correct units for the Luna or an updated one and why won't they pair? I am leaving to head out of the country on a trip in 18 days and need them to be functional. Someone PLEASE help!

The SmartTECs, the Sol, and the Luna all use the same transmitter.

The reg has to be off AND depressurized for abut 1 minute to turn the transmitter off.

Most people have the best luck when they put the computer next to the transmitter, then turn on the gas and the computer at the same time.

Here is the steps to pair a Luna to a transmitter proceed as follows:
- Mount the first-stage regulator with the transmitter on a full tank.
- Turn on Luna, and ensure it is in the time of day display and place it in direct contact with the transmitter.
- Open the tank valve.
Upon pressurization, the transmitter sends a pairing sequence to the Luna.
When the Luna receives this information, the display changes to show a listing of 2 tank designations. The tank designations are t1 and Buddy. Tank t1 is your main tank.
The Buddy designation allows you to receive tank pressure information from your dive buddy’s transmitter if he has one.

Hope you get it working.

Here is the steps to pair a Luna to a transmitter proceed as follows:
- Mount the first-stage regulator with the transmitter on a full tank.
- Turn on Luna, and ensure it is in the time of day display and place it in direct contact with the transmitter.
- Open the tank valve.
Upon pressurization, the transmitter sends a pairing sequence to the Luna.
When the Luna receives this information, the display changes to show a listing of 2 tank designations. The tank designations are t1 and Buddy. Tank t1 is your main tank.
The Buddy designation allows you to receive tank pressure information from your dive buddy’s transmitter if he has one.

Hope you get it working.

He said he performed all the steps in the manual, which you have listed.

Tried all of the steps correctly. Looking at the manual, the only thing I can come up with is that my tank currently only has 1850 psi. I would think that would be enough but the manual does state use a full tank. Planning on getting it filled tomorrow if the ice storm here isn't too bad. Will post if that makes any difference.

I also posted sited this at the Scubapro Manufacturer forum. It will be interesting to see if they post a pressure minimum. You would think that if that were an issue that they would put it in the manual!

The part number you have quoted is not compatible with the Galileo series of dive computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom