need a regulator! help w/ beginner suggestion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thank you for all the advice - gives me lots of places to start looking

i really just want to GET SOMETHING NOW.. having a cheap extra reg around later, when i can afford something better, wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

thanks again -
hopefully i'll be able to get something soon. gotta check out that $99 deal. even *i* could afford that. might i mention that my PET BIRD is having surgery that costs $400 next month? THAT would've financed a decent reg, huh? yay, responsibility!

st

garyfotodiver:
I bought a Mares R2 Axis for my daughter. She used high-end stuff during her training and she told me that the Axis works well for her.

The total cost for the reg, octo, and gage set was less than $300. I bought from LP and eBay. When I brought everything in to a LDS for an annual service,there were no problems. The cost was reasonable, no one asked from where did I purchase the gear.

Have fun and good luck!
The number one answer when you don't want to admit it was the internet is " Don't know ... received as gift". This works well after Xmas, your birthday, ect .....

scubapro50:
The number one answer when you don't want to admit it was the internet is " Don't know ... received as gift". This works well after Xmas, your birthday, ect .....

SP50, if you want to light fires, do it somewhere else.

I wrote that no one asked, and that is the truth.

My first regulator was a Swimaster, I still have a Dacor BC, and both gave me excellent service. I would purchase Mares equipment again and, from what I have read on this Board, so would most of the members.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom