Need a buddy to dive in Pelham AL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

av8er23:
how about Sept. 3 on a sat. or possibly sunday the 4th. I will b about an hour southeast at lake martin and would meet you up there.
The 3rd is no good but possibly the 4th. I won't know for sure until middle of next week. :wink:

Jurgen:
Ted, what happened? I arrived at the Quarry in madison at 09:45 and waited until 11:05 but never saw you. I ended up heading back to Montgomery without getting to dive. I guess I should have given you mt cell phone number. :06:

Dude! What happened to me??? I was there at about 10:30, driving the Silver Jetta wagon like advertised. I was at the far end of the quarry, there was hardly anyone there, I can't see how you missed me. We had awesome vis on the first dive, but it was murked up a bit for the second. Did you go town to the quarry or just check at the shop?

octotat:
Dude! What happened to me??? I was there at about 10:30, driving the Silver Jetta wagon like advertised. I was at the far end of the quarry, there was hardly anyone there, I can't see how you missed me. We had awesome vis on the first dive, but it was murked up a bit for the second. Did you go town to the quarry or just check at the shop?
They would not let me go down to the quarry because I had no dive buddy, also they told me that you would have to come by the shop before going down therefore I stayed put.

Jurgen:
They would not let me go down to the quarry because I had no dive buddy, also they told me that you would have to come by the shop before going down therefore I stayed put.

I can believe that happening easy.

The guy who runs the place can be a real jerk sometimes.
Some of the folks who work there are ok... but let me
guess.... You must have talked to Earl.

I've seen him walking around the dock area where the divers were
just "looking for something to b-i-t-c-h about".

I hope they let me come down to meet Mike this weekend since I will be by myself.

Matt

Corigan:
I hope they let me come down to meet Mike this weekend since I will be by myself.

Matt

Don't "ask" if you can go down. Just turn in your form and walk out
and drive down.

I download their form typically off their website and have it filled
out before I get there. It reduced the "required interaction"
with them on the days they are being like jerks.

mike_s:
Don't "ask" if you can go down. Just turn in your form and walk out
and drive down.

I download their form typically off their website and have it filled
out before I get there. It reduced the "required interaction"
with them on the days they are being like jerks.
Sounds good Mike, I wasn't going to ask. If they try to stop me, they are in for a few choice words..

Matt

Weird, when I was up there to get a tank fill, he told someone on the phone (a solo) they were welcome to come up and go down to the quarry to find someone to go up to the office to sign the waiver as a buddy. I should have pm'd you my phone number and I could have run up there. That place is a little strange with that buddy rule, but he told me that was a rule of the city that owns the quarry, not a rule of theirs per se. He admitted to me he wasn't fond of it himself. I guess if we make future plans to meet there, we'll just plan a very specific time to meet at the office itself.

octotat:
Weird, when I was up there to get a tank fill, he told someone on the phone (a solo) they were welcome to come up and go down to the quarry to find someone to go up to the office to sign the waiver as a buddy. I should have pm'd you my phone number and I could have run up there. That place is a little strange with that buddy rule, but he told me that was a rule of the city that owns the quarry, not a rule of theirs per se. He admitted to me he wasn't fond of it himself. I guess if we make future plans to meet there, we'll just plan a very specific time to meet at the office itself.
I agree I should have also given you my cell number, I didn't think of it until I was on my way up. No biggy we live and learn. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom