Necklace advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For what purpose? The triple reg failure that renders your buddy oog and you with only your backup reg to share amongst both divers? That never happens, but a reg popping out does happen. You tell me which is better...

Being a gue istructor does not make you right. In fact, some are just wrong about some things, so I don't really get your point here.

My point was simply that there are groups of people who agree with you, and just as many equally-educated folks who disagree, so the reader should make an informed decision about which camp gets their vote. That is all.

The only thing in my post that was an opinion was when I stated that the reg needs to stay put. The rest was not an opinion.

That being said, find me a reason for the backup reg not to stay put always and need to be removable based on reality. When that happens, ill change my opinion.

The whole point of these forums is to help people find new and better ways to do things, and to debate the pros and cons of each.

The only thing in my post that was an opinion was when I stated that the reg needs to stay put. The rest was not an opinion.

That being said, find me a reason for the backup reg not to stay put always and need to be removable based on reality. When that happens, ill change my opinion.

The whole point of these forums is to help people find new and better ways to do things, and to debate the pros and cons of each.

There are plenty of threads on the topic, and I'm not in the mood for a debate when there have already been so many others preserved for posterity. If you're curious about other people's reason, the search function works quite well.

For what purpose?
I have to give my buddy ONE of my regs and both are on my necklace. It makes it far easier to switch regs to keep my doubles even.

I for one, just don't see a need for having the necklace that securely tied into the necklace. If it pops out, you just put it back in. However, I can't ever remember mine popping out when I didn't want it to. Perhaps this is a solution in search of a problem?

FWIW, if you don't realize it, having the two grape knots on either side allows you to really pull tightly on the bungee. I am careful to not do this, as mine have to come out when I want them to.

I, for one, am extremely appreciately of your time spent answering these myriad of questions, especially in explaining your reasoning behind it. Thank you all.

if you think you'd ever need to buddy breathe that reg then why dive a short hose?
the answer being, of course, that you would never have to buddy breathe that regulator.
they do pop out, and not just in the water. i had one snag on something between the garage the dive site never to be seen again.

zip tie is the answer IMO

And I caught hellacious flack from the Harley guys . . . still, a friend found it for me, and I liked it!

Hehehe...the only group worse than the "Harley Guys" are the Beemer Brigade, talk about koolaid drinkers! (I can talk...I was one :wink: )

And my other two bikes are Vulcans...don't get me started about Harley guys and metric cruisers :rofl3:

Okay - would it be better stated as: If you don't use one of those rubber preformed necklaces, what do you use and why is it better?

From a previous discussion:

Heres a picture of the one I made. Some vacuum tubing and a couple of zip ties. Kept the zip ties loose til I decided exactly how snug I wanted the necklace to be, then tightened and clipped everything short.

DSCI0200.jpg

FWIW, I've used the bungie with the grapevine knot as discussed in DIRF, as well as the bungie zip tied to the mouthpiece. I've also tried the pre-fab necklace and didn't care for any of those. $1 of 5/32 vacuum hose from the local auto parts store, and two zip ties and I made one that's worked for years.

$1 of 5/32 vacuum hose from the local auto parts store, and two zip ties and I made one that's worked for years.
Infidel! It's obvious that the hose hasn't even been O2 cleaned!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom