Neat Little Tricks Are Good to Know

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This may already have been mentioned as a tip by someone else, but I always enjoy the surreptitious stares I get on a dive boat when I use a heavy duty plastic bag over my foot when I pull on my wet suit. I saw somebody do it years ago and decided to adopt the practice, as it makes it SO much easier and faster to slide your feet into the suit. Just make sure it is a REALLY heavy duty bag or you'll spend a long time pulling the ripped up bits out of the wet suit leg. I always have a couple of plastic bags in my dry bag.

This thread is exactly why I love scubaboard--I've learned so much here!

Losing gear is a pretty common thing for divers to do, and in San Diego we commonly hear reports of lost fins, masks, knives, lights, cameras, et cetera.

One thing I have learned the hard way is to wear my mask around my neck whenever I'm not using it underwater. It may not be comfortable, but it really is the safest place for it.

Losing gear is a pretty common thing for divers to do, and in San Diego we commonly hear reports of lost fins, masks, knives, lights, cameras, et cetera.

One thing I have learned the hard way is to wear my mask around my neck whenever I'm not using it underwater. It may not be comfortable, but it really is the safest place for it.

I usualy take my mask off, open up the BC clip between the shoulder straps, loop it through and reclip. It's not as handy as around the neck, but it's very secure and more comfortable, at least for me.

@Mike Boswell:
We commonly hear about reports of lost gear here in San Diego because:
  1. We have a great email list hosted by John Moore at Divebums.com.
  2. The place where OW divers get certified (La Jolla Shores) features surf.
  3. Even after certification, many local divers frequent La Jolla Shores for the easily accessible dive sites, ease of parking (most of the time), nearby showers/bathrooms, and the soft, grassy area in Kellogg Park. Unfortunately, there's still surf.
:D

I did that the other night. I think my girlfriend was out of town or something and I was lonely and bored.

lmao

I'm just catching up on these posts,but that's funny

I read 2 tips on SB that seem helpfull. When taking your bc off in the water open your left side shoulder clip and slip out. This one I have not tried, place an ultrathin maxi pad in your camera housing to soak up any moisture(?)

I read 2 tips on SB that seem helpfull. When taking your bc off in the water open your left side shoulder clip and slip out. This one I have not tried, place an ultrathin maxi pad in your camera housing to soak up any moisture(?)

Disagree -- a desiccant pouch will absorb any humidity that gets locked in; if you need a maxi-pad, you need to abort the dive or lose the camera.

Got a dive computer that came without a protective pouch? Use an old, heavy sock.

Back
Top Bottom