Nearest diving to Bloomington, IN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bretagus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So... I'm going to be moving soon (going back to school). Right now, its looking like Ann Arbor MI or Bloomington IN. I'm assuming southern Indiana diving is mostly quarries? Anything interesting? How far would one have to drive to get some dives in?

Any info you all can get me would be awesome. Thanks!
Brett

Southern Indiana Scuba's Local Dive List Bloomington, Indiana

Check out southern indiana scuba's website for local information.
Quarries and strip pits that is about it. Some have placed boats, cars, airplanes, etc
for divers. I have not been to Blue Springs yet but it is the best in the area and close
to Bloomington. Plan to check it out this summer.

There is always Bonne Terre Mine west of St Louis. I mostly vacation dive. It bites not having an ocean nearby.

Mark

Blue Springs, Waldron IN
Hidden Paradise, St. Paul IN
Falling Rock Park, La Grange, KY
France Park, Logansport, IN

You can use Good Maps to find the time and distance to these locations from Bloomington.

Blue Springs, Waldron IN
Hidden Paradise, St. Paul IN
Falling Rock Park, La Grange, KY
France Park, Logansport, IN

You can use Good Maps to find the time and distance to these locations from Bloomington.

also Mermet Springs, Haigh Quarry and Gilboa
and Sunset Park in Linton for shallow fish filled dive

If you know the right person there is a private lake fairly close to Bloomington. No it isn't me but I know who it is. :D

also, if you know someone from Columbus, see of they know of anyone with access to Grandview Lake - very good private lake, but you will need to tow a flag - a neat place to dive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom