NE Kayak Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rubberduck:
If diving from a kayak do you need to have a life jaket on board?

It's always strikes me a bit odd when I take off my life jacket and replace with a 20lb weight belt!

I am working on kayak diving skills out of Norwalk, CT this summer and looking for buddies.

Also am considering the Prowler 15. It looks like a better (faster) paddle than the shorter, wider kayaks. Anyone have experience?

PM me with the following and I will put you on the NE Kayak Divers mailing list...

Name:
E-mail:
Telephone:
Kayak Type:
Town of Residence:

Thought I'd give a shot at reviving this thread. Is the NE Kayak Divers Yahoo Group still around? I thought I was on it but couldn't find it. I'm getting spring fever and trying to plot a New England visit or two that might involve some kayak diving. Is kayak diving alive and well up there? David

The group is long gone at this point as it never got used. There are to my knowledge only a few people in New England who practice kayak diving occasionally. In Massachusetts particularly kayak diving is particularly difficult because of coastal land ownership laws and exclusivity of the coastal towns (resident only parking all over).

I kayak dive on Long Island. If you ever get a group like this up and running I would like to be involved.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom