Navigate Away from This Page Popup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

herman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Latey I have had an annoying windows pop up start showing up on my computers x3, 2 personal and 1 work. I have not changed anything recently on my computers and it only happens on SB. It happens when I back out of a thread to the search list. It does not happen on every thread but most of them. I have to click "OK" to get back to the search screen. I have not changed anything, just read a few post on the thread. Below is a screen shot.
How do I get rid of this popup?

Popup.jpg

Are you sure you didn't type ANYTHING on the page?

That is the AUTO-SAVE. That box is supposed to appear when people type in something, so they know that if they navigate away, they'll lose what they typed in...

I assure you that you would observe the same (annoying as you put it) behavior on other websites using the most current version of vBulletin.

Only time I see that is when I'm typing something and lose wireless internet connection.

I see it pretty much any time I just read a page. Very annoying .

Did you see it on this page?

It is part of the auto-save. It honestly shouldn't appear unless you type on the page, or if the page does not fully load, then it's possible as well.

Or it's possible you have something in your cache. Try clearing your cache. I have cleared the autosave cache on ScubaBoard's end. Maybe you auto-saved a post a while back?

Seems to be less often but I did have it happen once in the last few minutes, home computer...I will keep an eye on it and see if I can spot something different between threads it happens on and those it does not.'

Did you try clearing your cache?

I get this about 50% of the time, and I have noticed something that correlates with it 100% of the time.

That is that - for some unknown reason - the entire current page view will paste itself into the quick reply box at the bottom of the thread (whether or not I had any intention of posting a reply). It's like a screen shot of the whole forum page I happen to be on, suddenly appearing in the quick reply box. If I then want to close the page, or move to another page, I get that "Do you want to ....?" question.

Similarly, sometimes when I actually initiate a reply in the middle of a thread (say to a post that is not the "lowest" post in a thread), the whole page will sometimes similarly paste itself into the reply box. Of course I can't type a reply there then, so I usually close/re-open the "reply" four or five times until it loads with a blank box ready for me to type in. Or sometimes I have to reload the whole thread page and try again.

I was thinking about taking a screen shot and posting about it, but then I didn't see anyone else mentioning it, and so I decided to live with it and not bother anyone (until I saw this thread). I can take a screen shot next time it happens and post here, if that would help.

I'm on OS 10.6.4 and Firefox 3.6, btw.

herman: Have you noticed if you also get the "full page screen shot" in the reply box when you get the "Do you want to ....?" message?

If anything is in the quick reply box... It will alert you that you are navigating away from the page.

Did you clear your cache?

Back
Top Bottom