Nautilus Lifeline –Marine Radio and GPS for Divers (Brand New)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had one on my list. Not anymore with that kind of utter crap for customer service.

You want to fix grey market? Crack down on your distributors. Don't take it out on those of us who actually buy products.

Last edited:
Where they really screw themselves is when they come out with a newer model and people decide to sell their old model and upgrade to the new one. No one is going to do it. I also am not happy that they haven't responded to all this negative feedback. I am an owner of this product and not happy right now and want a response which satisfies me.

Mods should probably split this and move it to thumbs down.

Count me as another lifeline owner who is quite disappointed in this policy. Way to penalize your legitimate customers for a problem that results from your own business decisions, nautilus.

I've got a suggestion for you if the grey market you created is such a problem: Track the serial numbers and only penalize the out of market radios.

And still no word from Nautilus or Captain Mike.
Do they care about their product or their customers?
Way to go!

A mod should split this into the vendor forum.

Is this a up to date policy. If so why would anyone buy something that has zero resale / trade value I know scuba gear is always moving around the circles as we try we use we buy and we sell. I could never see a reg set or a computer manufacturer coming up with this policy Short sighted unless it was a misstatement

There are lots of products out there with a warranty that only applies to the original owner. Some in the scuba industry even.

No firmware support?? Come on. That's a download from your website. We aren't talking about replacing the whole unit, just allowing someone to download the new firmware for the product. That's just a terrible policy, and I'm one of those who carry my Lifeline every time I hit the ocean.

I won't say I'm surprised, however. I lost the plug for the charging wire port and looked up the replacement on the site. Holy crap. Or more appropriately...Holy Markup Batman!! With shipping it is north of $20 for a package of 3 tiny port plugs. That's just silly.

i may have to start looking around for another product like this...I love the concept but hate the company policies!!

This companies policies have done nothing but turn a decent product into a paperweight. Once on my list, but now I will vow to never let a single dime of my money go to this company.

Nautilus has just shot themselves in the foot. Their lack of response to all of the negative reviews of their policy only confirms that they don't care for their customers or listen to them.

nautilusmike;7087686]Discounted Units on E bay and other online sources could be units that have been used or were obtained from sources other than the Manufacturer. We will always find a way to work with owners of the Nautilus LifeLine Marine Rescue Radio but you should be aware that Manufacturer's warranty is for the Original owner who has purchased from an Authorized LifeLine Dealer.

I found this under their forum why only 2 months ago he is willing to help in any way and now your on your own like everyone else in the crowed wanted one but IM out

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread was closed by the OP before a Nautilus rep was able to clarify the comments made here. The clarifying thread, indicating the manner that Nautilus WILL provide software/firmware updates to people who were not the first owners of the product, may be found here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/na...tilus-lifeline-software-firmware-updates.html Marg, SB Senior Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom