Sold! Nautilus Lifeline Marine VHF radio and GPS for divers

Sold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SpaceCased

Registered
Reaction score
Selling a lifeline radio.
$150
PXL_20230911_164329423.jpg
PXL_20230911_164340371.jpg
PXL_20230911_164431092.jpg

I messaged the seller yesterday offering to buy, and am waiting on them to confirm condition and total price.

So I'm thinking that there may need to be some set protocols on these SB sales threads. My opinion is that if a member in good standing responds first with "Ill take it for your asking price" .....then that should be that. What do others think?

So I'm thinking that there may need to be some set protocols on these SB sales threads. My opinion is that if a member in good standing responds first with "Ill take it for your asking price" .....then that should be that. What do others think?
I don't see why the deal needs to sealed in public. "I'll buy it" in a DM is fine. "I'm interested" - - public or DM -- is trumped by the first "I'll buy it."

Yup. Would assume we can count on the same level of seller integrity that’s been in place for the last 20 years or however long this forum has been in place. I only posted about my DM in the thread to save some other people the trouble of submitting an offer.

The method of submitting the offer to buy shouldn’t matter, only the timing. Integrity comment is not withstanding the dunce cap who posted a sale on one of these a while back and later reneged after an offer was received. That was an odd thread.

IMG_3102.jpeg

I greatly dislike the "first come, first served" method.

I typically won't do it if I'm selling anything. I usually leave the window open for a set time and anyone that expresses an interest can go into a hat at the end. Whoever gets pulled out wins.

Not many folk can sit around waiting on an item to show up if they are off working or diving. First come, first served is just not a fair way to allocate scarce resources.

What **should** happen is that if the item is not cleared within a week or two, it would disappear. Still want to sell? Re-list.

Hello, Sorry everyone. I guess i didnt have the checkbox checked to notify me if the post is responded to so i only saw the DM's. I have been away from my house for the week, returning today. So i will test it and report here. I will also try and figure out who was first in inquiring about its purchase.

Yup. Would assume we can count on the same level of seller integrity that’s been in place for the last 20 years or however long this forum has been in place. I only posted about my DM in the thread to save some other people the trouble of submitting an offer.

The method of submitting the offer to buy shouldn’t matter, only the timing. Integrity comment is not withstanding the dunce cap who posted a sale on one of these a while back and later reneged after an offer was received. That was an odd thread.

View attachment 802892
Totally agree. The only reason I even posted the concept was that I noticed that Wiznutaggie responded yesterday at 6:00am that he/she would "take it if still available"....so I was thinking that if that person was clearly the first response actually committing to purchase for the asking price that the "seller integrity" concept would be to deal with that person first.

I guess another option might be to just make it an "auction" format but don't know if that's allowed here on SB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom