NAUI Rescue vs NAUI Advanced Rescue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rogerdd

Registered
Reaction score
Compared to other agencies who only have one Rescue level (like PADI, SSI, and SDI), NAUI has two.

If I want to be recognised as an equivalent of:

PADI Rescue diver / SSI Diver Stress and Rescue / SDI Rescue Diver

—> Should I take NAUI Rescue or NAUI Advanced Rescue course?

Thank you for that but it doesn’t fully clarify it to me. Post #5 and #6 have opposite opinions. Also it’s from 2003, programmes may have changed since then (like the old Naui Advanced that was quite different from Padi’s until they decided to align the curriculum)

Either one will work. The Advanced Rescue class just has some currency requirements. It's been a while since I looked at those standards, but the advanced cert is only good for a couple years without retraining or refreshing.

Either one will work. The Advanced Rescue class just has some currency requirements. It's been a while since I looked at those standards, but the advanced cert is only good for a couple years without retraining or refreshing.
It is the embedded CPR and O2 provision that requires the recertification for Advanced Rescue, not the Rescue class. Do those separately, renew them separately.

Thanks to all. I just would like to confirm one point and so I’m trying to clarify my question:

In their forms, dive shops normally ask for the highest certification and they usually only list ‘Rescue’ (OW, AOW, Rescue, DM, Instructor) without specifying the agency.

To be considered a ‘Rescue’ by those dive shops/dive operators, is a NAUI Advanced Rescue necessary? Or is a NAUI Rescue enough?

Thanks to all. I just would like to confirm one point and so I’m trying to clarify my question:

In their forms, dive shops normally ask for the highest certification and they usually only list ‘Rescue’ (OW, AOW, Rescue, DM, Instructor) without specifying the agency.

To be considered a ‘Rescue’ by those dive shops/dive operators, is a NAUI Advanced Rescue necessary? Or is a NAUI Rescue enough?
On this side of the 'pond', dive shops don't care as long as your certification covers the planned depth of the dive. I stopped my formal training at AOW (except for an SDI 'Solo' cert), and have never been refused.

yet they’re not asking a binary question whether the person is at least AOW or not. So knowing the levels above AOW must have an impact/some value for them?

yet they’re not asking a binary question whether the person is at least AOW or not. So knowing the levels above AOW must have an impact/some value for them?
You are trying to apply logic and subtlety to a situation that is neither.

Just put down AOW and you'll be fine. It doesn't matter beyond that unless you want some sort of recognition or pat on the back.

Reactions: Zef
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom