Natalee Holloway - Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
Late last night (around 11:30pm)FoxNews was saying there was a confession and that one of the three teems was leading them (the authorities) to the victum. Fox changed their story this morning....

CNN still has it on their site that someone confessed to killing her, foxnews.com doesn't..... still hope... I think.

My wife was reading the aruba.com/msgbrd last night. We used it when we were planning our trip.

She said there is all kinds of threads about it here, including people asking if "they should cancel their trips" because of the "danger", etc...

If the media covered "missing persons" like this in Miami or Florida, imagine what it would do....

mike_s:
My wife was reading the aruba.com/msgbrd last night. We used it when we were planning our trip.

She said there is all kinds of threads about it here, including people asking if "they should cancel their trips" because of the "danger", etc...

If the media covered "missing persons" like this in Miami or Florida, imagine what it would do....

They seem to have captured someone out of the 5 that knows something...I am sure it is still very safe and with all the activity...probably the best time to go.

Side Note: OK... I am probably the last one to see this movie, but somone recommened I rent the movie "Man on Fire" (I think this is the right title). So, I will try to get it this weekend. Something about a true story and actual # of kidnappings that do happen.

well, I bet they are putting a hard pressure play on them independently to get them to "roll" on the one who actually did the 'crime'....

I'm sure that one who was less involved will rat out the guilty one.

mike_s:
well, I bet they are putting a hard pressure play on them independently to get them to "roll" on the one who actually did the 'crime'....

I'm sure that one who was less involved will rat out the guilty one.

Wow..the media is all confused... first she is dead..then not...then the father is looking for the body with authorities and they said she was dead... but the mother hasn't been told this.... I feel for the relatives and direct family that may be getting their info from the news.... :shakehead

CaliforniaDiver.com:
Wow..the media is all confused... first she is dead..then not...then the father is looking for the body with authorities and they said she was dead... but the mother hasn't been told this.... I feel for the relatives and direct family that may be getting their info from the news.... :shakehead

I think you are right.

While CNN was reporting that the teen in custody was taking them to the spot/location up on the beach where she was or was killed, FoxNews was
reporting (on TV) from their "live person" that when they heard the teen
was taking the police there, that they went up and down the beach
area in question and didn't see any "search" being done. The California
lighthouse area had it's usually crowd of teenagers hanging out, a lone
police vehicle near by just sitting there, but no large search for the spot
that the other news agencies were reporting that the teen in custody
was taking them to.

I think the news media now days pretty much are more concerned with
"making themselves heard" instead of reporting the news correctly, or
even retracting an incorrect story.

mike_s:
I think you are right.

While CNN was reporting that the teen in custody was taking them to the spot/location up on the beach where she was or was killed, FoxNews was
reporting (on TV) from their "live person" that when they heard the teen
was taking the police there, that they went up and down the beach
area in question and didn't see any "search" being done. The California
lighthouse area had it's usually crowd of teenagers hanging out, a lone
police vehicle near by just sitting there, but no large search for the spot
that the other news agencies were reporting that the teen in custody
was taking them to.

I think the news media now days pretty much are more concerned with
"making themselves heard" instead of reporting the news correctly, or
even retracting an incorrect story.

Exactly;

I copied this from foxnews.com "David Cruz, a spokesman for the Aruban Minister of Justice (search) told FOX News Natalee Holloway (search), who was on vacation with friends with a graduation trip when she disappeared, was confirmed dead and that authorities knew the location of her body.

However, Cruz later retracted the statement, saying he was a victim of a "misinformation campaign."

The mother of the 17-year-old told FOX News authorities had not yet contacted them with this information but did say that Natalee's father, who is divorced from her mother, was with investigators looking for the body.

I feel like I am re-living the Gore / Bush Election Coverage! So sad it is happening with this type of circumstance. :11:

The most recent info from CNN is:

Defense attorneys have come to the defense of the young men, saying they have maintained their innocence.

"My client keeps on saying he is not guilty," said attorney David Kock, who represents 18-year-old Satish Kalpoe. He added that as far as he knew, none of the three have admitted guilt.

and

Law enforcement sources close to the investigation said there has not been a confession, but that cracks are appearing in the three suspects' stories.

Kriterian:
The most recent info from CNN is:

Defense attorneys have come to the defense of the young men, saying they have maintained their innocence.

"My client keeps on saying he is not guilty," said attorney David Kock, who represents 18-year-old Satish Kalpoe. He added that as far as he knew, none of the three have admitted guilt.

and

Law enforcement sources close to the investigation said there has not been a confession, but that cracks are appearing in the three suspects' stories.

I am now really confused. From confessions, to she's dead, to everyone's innocent.... now all we got are cracks appearing in the three suspect's stories...

I am still praying for her.

all the wild rumours today have been denied by the authorities

no one has confessed to anything other than one of the young men and Holloway
kissed in the back seat while the two other young men were in the front seat

this is extemely unbelievable to me... but what do i know

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom