Narrowing down my options: Apex or ScubaPro or Poseidon or Atomic or???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How is the Atomic a big waste of money? Is it "bad"? Does it not perform well?

BTW, the Atomic B2 is retailed for around $699 US in the USA (don't know what international prices are), so how is it that your buddy spent over $1000 on it? And if he were to have spent more than MSRP on his B2, whose fault is that?:confused:

To the OP, the only issue with Atomic regulator is that you may or may not have a local source for services. However, if you do, then go for it. Atomic regulators are easily the best of the breed. They are not cheap, just like Ferraris and Ducatis are not cheap. And unlike other manufacturers, when you call Atomic for problems, issues, or just information, there's a real person that picks up the phone (usually Darcy) and that person actually has intimate knowledge about the product lines.
i believe he has the m1 from atomics

I own a dozen scubapro mk17/S600's and I have used them on dives beyond the 65M depth limit you have imposed on yourself. They are great regs and I personally would not own anything else that is currently on the market because the mk17 is so good. Its priced less than Atomic and doesn't have the proprietary fittings seen on Poseidon regs.

The M1 retails about the same as the B2, so if the guy were to have paid $1000 US for it then something is wrong and it ain't Atomic's fault.
i was just at the lds and the b2 retailed for $739 and the m1 for $1200

i was just at the lds and the b2 retailed for $739 and the m1 for $1200

When I bought my B2 two years ago it was retailed for $699 and the M1 was the same. The ST1 stainless steel was around $999 and the T1 was :shocked2:.

Here's a pricing from ScubaToys, an authorized Atomic dealer, for the M1: $699.

Atomic M1 Regulator reviews and discounts, Atomic

Somebody is screwing somebody and somebody is letting somebody screwing him over.

. And unlike other manufacturers, when you call Atomic for problems, issues, or just information, there's a real person that picks up the phone (usually Darcy) and that person actually has intimate knowledge about the product lines.[/QUOTE]

:blinking:

I heard that the atomic B2 is just titanium coated... is that true?

B2 is chrome plated brass for 1st stage and titanium for second stage.

Their T-series 1st stages are made out of titanium alloy and not titanium coated. You're not going to save any weight just by having a coating of titanium nitride on the outside.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom