Narragansett Beach Barge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You should have pryed up a plank from the board walk and used it as a surfboard for your son. Heck the natives in Africa tore their huts apart to make surfboards in "Endless Summer 1".

johnnyseko:
that only surfers were allowed in the water.

Are you kidding me? The surfers can take over the beach and have the ocean to themselves, but two divers would have to wait until after six to use the town of Narragansett's ocean? And I thought Gloucester was screwed up. Forget about paying to park, isn't that the beach you have to pay just to walk on it?

LobstaMan

It's not surfers only in the water. They just try to keep only surfers against the wall on the south side of the beach, however, they do take up a good portion of the beach.

Still nobody with pictures of the barge? Wow...

wreckedinri:
Try Google Earth: 41°26'8.74"N x 71°27'2.84"W.

Thar see is.:wink:

Dennis

Nice. My coordinates must have been off for it because I never saw the shadow. Where did you get your coordinates?

Before leaving RI a few years ago we did a night dive on the barge showed up at 6:00 like we where suppose to (parking free once beach is closed). We suited up and headed out. The water was a bit rough and we got tossed around bad. Once we made it to the wreck we enter a hole though quickly left it as the spider crabs inside where attacking from every cornor plus the surge inside was real bad. I would love to do that wreck again on a calm day.

Medic0506:
Nice. My coordinates must have been off for it because I never saw the shadow. Where did you get your coordinates?

I took them from Google Earth. I didn't have them, I just knew where to look. As you can see, she lies directly in front of the parking lot entry.

I think the reason for so few with photos of the site is due to the conditions. The site can be a (female dog) to dive with any kind of swell. Kinda tough to hold a camera still while trying to avoid being sucked into the wreck with its lovely jagged metal claws!

Thanks for the help guys. Planning to dive it before may 31st. If anyone is interested let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom