Narragansett Beach Barge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're gonna try and go as close to may 31st as possible (for warmer waters) but go on the best possible day (surf, clarity, good weather, etc.).

I'm always up for a dive! Let me know when. It seems a shame that we've never been diving together since we live in the same town!

I know it's short notice but we are planning to dive the barge tomorrow at noonish. Anyone interested meet us there!

We aborted the dive as we approached the barge. The surge was 4 feet in each direction and the vis sucked. It's a little scary seeing a huge black shadow in front of you, which you can't tell how far away it is, and being thrown around like a rag doll. We will be diving it again soon. Anybody who's experienced or not experienced let me know if you're interested.

Good move guy. I say the barge is worth more a snorkle as its shallow and you wont want to penetrate it. Just dont get sucked into it with snorkeling gear (more a disclaimer). The sea will calm down and you'll get a chance to see it soon enough.

I just want to say Im glad you aborted and didnt try and dive it with the latest conditions. Hats of too you.

I have a fun theory about the barge. The crew wasnt too happy with the company owning it and they ran it aground and went out partying afterwards.

Didnt they run it aground on New Years eve or sumpin like that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom