Narcosis Scuba Center in Tarpon Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

superstar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What is the low down on Narcosis Scuba in Tarpon Springs. Do they run a good scuba charter? Do they have good scuba instructors?

There is a lot of mixed emotions on Narcosis in this area. I'll let those that have dealt with them comment. Also you may want to use the search option to find previous threads regarding them.

I Dive could probably give you more information than most. He uses there services a fair amount.

I'll let my signature speak for itself... PM me if you have questions, I know the Instructors well.

There is a lot of mixed emotions on Narcosis in this area.

Thats for sure...

My experience(s) both as a customer and as a dive professional have not been positive.

I guess they just like I Dive better :)

Thats for sure...

My experience(s) both as a customer and as a dive professional have not been positive.

I guess they just like I Dive better :)

I'll go with they must like IDive :) (because the owner certainly didn't care about ever seeing my business again). Oh and they like Manda as well :) :)

My wife and I did our OW check-out dives with Narcosis back in November of 2007. Since then we have used them for a couple of boat dives. All of our experiences with them have been fun and enjoyable. Keep in mind that we don't have much to compare them to and are somewhat clueless with regards to what to expect from a dive shop.:biggrin:

All that being said, we would like to find another shop closer to the Port Richey area to try in the future. DiveBandit, I am checking your website.

When I spoke with them over the phone they quoted gulf dives at $125 ('08) and up. I personally did not pay this much, I bought my own boat instead. (Boy was that SMART!)

I do know of a diver that paid $125, and one of the dive sites they took him to was the army tanks in 28' of water! This is NOT acceptable for that amount of money.

On their website the prices are much higher than I pay for almost everything. I guess they have SPEACIAL gear! Oh yeah, and SPECIAL air! LMAO!

I will pay more $$ to go out farther in the gulf but not near shore like the some ledges and the army tanks.

SEE MISS D'S SIG LINE ABOUT WET YET CHARTERS. THEY ARE MUCH BETTER CHARTER AND I PERSONALLY RECOMMEND THEM AS WELL!

I still love you I-Dive and Manda! This is just my OPINION, check it out and see for yourself!

Well I went out with them in november, as far as a charter is concerned everyone on board was friendly and courteous and I had a great time. They were a bit pricey for a shallow (40') gulf dive $100 IIRC. They did supply tanks so no complaint there, NE diving is expensive by comparison. My issue was twofold,
first, they kept canceling trips due to rough seas (1-3ft) cowards...
secondly, they had charged my card for a dive I never went on, they did make it right once I brought it to their attention.

Would I dive with them again? Probably not.

Is WetYet a weekend only charter?

I have only used them on the weekends. You would have to call to find out. He does need 4 divers to make a trip, although that is seldom a problem if you can get it posted to the board!
His trips start at $75 with YOU suppling all your equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom