Name your Liveaboard...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JRO

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Sorry Natasha, seemed like a great thread idea, hope you don't mind.

Tell us which you have been on
Which you would repeat/have repeated
Which one is next on your list
:profile:
I unfortunately have only been on one...

The T&C Explorer, I absolutely loved it!!!

I don't know which one is next...hopefully this thread will help me decide.

Jeff

I've done six liveaboards, all were good to great,

Fiji Aggressor (now the Tahiti Aggressor) (double rooms, private bathrooms)
Solmar V, Socorro Islands trip, playing with the mantas, (double rooms, private bathrooms)
Dream Too, Swimming with dolphins in the Bahamas (bunks with curtains, two heads)
Trip reports http://dive.scubadiving.com/members/tripreports.php?s=1443
http://dive.scubadiving.com/members/tripreports.php?s=1444
Caribbean Explorer I - Saba, St Kitts, Statia, land tours on each island (double rooms, shared bathrooms)
Galapagos Aggressor I – incredible trip (double rooms, private bathrooms)
Cuan Law, BVI, most luxurious and relaxed, other stuff to do besides diving ( big double rooms, queen sized beds, private bathrooms)

Next trip is looking like Sea of Cortez, possibly on the Nautilus Explorer.

I plan to repeat the Dream Too (fantastic time swimming with the dolphins) and Galapagos (Aggressor was great, but might choose a boat more compatible with my wife's land exploration interests, possibly Lammer Law). I would be least likely to repeat the Caribbean Explorer, very good trip but once was probably enough.

Ralph

liveaboards:
sea fever, cay sal banks, you always love your first (liveaboard)

sea dancer, turks and caicos, met nice folks from germany

carribean explorer, saba, st. kitts, statia, non-diving wife joined me,loved the island tours, good food, read 9 books

antares dancer, los roques, very remote area with alot of good reef diving

sultan of the maldivaru, republic of the maldives, hoova doo atoll, pristine reef diving, wonderful crew

I plan on going back to PNG and on the Exploratory with MBDE ~ top notch operation! that being said ~ just go on one!! They are all adventurous and a fun way to dive!

Here are some that I've done ~ and would recommend:
Super Sport - Mike Ball - Great Barrier Reef & Lizard Island - Australia [4 times]
Spoil Sport - Mike Ball - Coral Sea Exploratory Expedition-Australia [3 times]
Paradise Sport - Mike Ball - Papua New Guinea
Winddancer ? - Peter Hughes - Palau
Survey Vessel - Independent - Sulu Sea Phillipines

I did a week on blackbeard's this spring break and loved it. I am a college student, so getting the most bang (or dives) for my buck was at the top of my list. I love camping, so the trip was a natural fit for me. I will surely go back as many times as my wallet will allow.

Great info and insights, thank you.

I'm now in the planning stage for a mid-July trip. It's looking like the Bahamas on one of the Nekton boats, or maybe Aquacat....

Well, I'm sure I'll change my mind at least three more times before I make the final plans.

Jeff

I've only been on the Fling and Sea Searcher II, both to the Flower Gardens off the coast of Texas. While both were good operations, I really enjoyed the Sea Searcher II. Fewer people, the crew was very friendly and helpful and I wasn't sea sick that time. haha

I am really looking forward to the next liveaboard. I haven't yet decided which one it will be, so it is always nice to see this input.

astrl

Nekton Pilot in the Cay Sal Banks. Trip was worth every penny! The Chief Engineer even took my husband and I on a tour of one of the engine rooms which was super cool since the engines are in the pontoons.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom