Name Your Favorite Dive Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Under Water Works
Tigard Oregon
503 620 6993

Best staff, great service. A great teaching approach.

Scott

Well now, I will pick three:
Reef Seekers in Beverly Hills Ca. great dive trips
Catalina Scuba Luv, Avalon Catalina Ca.
Sea D Sea Scuba, Redondo Beach Ca.
All three are shops staffed with divers interested in the sport and very knowledgeable. Most of all they're places you can hang out for a while and BS or whatever seems to fit.
Dive Safe....and often

www.pedaler.com
although we don't exactly offer on-line equipment sales...that is against 90%+ of manufacturers dealer agreements, we can do a lot of things for ya.

WetDane once bubbled...
I have to vote for http://www.fifthd.com - GUE shop and even the ow classes are taught to make sure people get proper buoyancy before they are let loose.

Cheers,
Big T

I do agree with you , that this is a good site, I would also mention www.halcyon.net as a great starting place for those interested in exploration or the ideas and equipement behind extended range / enviroment diving.

It includes some great pictures, and some DIR tips courtesy of Global Underwater Explorers

Also of note is www.dir-diver.com

=-)

I will say Black Shark Dive shop in Cozumel, ony because of the t-shirt I got from there. It was my favortie shirt, and I LOST IT. Any advice on how I might be able to get another?

:guitar:

Without a doubt: El Mar, in the Mesa & Phoenix area.

They have excellent prices and many times even have prices lower than or equal to what I have found on the internet. Most importantly, they know what they are talking about, give great advice and satisfaction guaranteed.

My South Florida favorites

H20 SCUBA - Miami (Sunny Isles) - Have their own boat right out back.
Brownies - Fort Lauderdale
Fill Express - Pompano Beach
Divers Direct - Florida City

In Houston

Gigglin Marlin - Have their own boat that does rig trips out of Galveston. Owners are very cool and dont display the typical omnipotent 'tude.

Elsewhere -

Divers Supply - New Orleans
Jack Vilas & Associates - Morgan City, LA

Philosophy -

I do use online to check going prices and use that with dealers for negotiation if need be. When I buy mail order it is from LDS in other states not a warehouse type operation.

My rule of thumb is if a local dealer in Houston can offer me the same or better total price (including tax) then an out of state source, I will buy local. Sorry LDS's, I believe in competitive free markets.

Back
Top Bottom