Name your best or favorite wreck dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another easy wreck dive in RI is the car barge that is sunk off the naraganset town beach between the two bath houses. On a day where the waves are calm you cna easily access this wreck from the beach and average death of 0 to 20 feet. The wreck does ahve a entrace though it can be hard to find. I did a night dive off this wreck it was real interesting though the crabs that live in the wreck where not very nice about us being in there.

I thought about doing the U boat but something that deep that claims that many lvies a year just does not seem to thrill me enough to make the trip.

For those that visit new england I ahve to recommend the dive books that are out about the wrecks there are two of them and they are extreemly good. Using those books I been to many of the wrecks in the state.

Northeastwrecks:
U-853, off Block Island, Rhode Island, in 130 fsw.

The wreck is a largely intact WWII U-boat. It can be fully penetrated (I've only gone in a couple of compartments). Lots of cool stuff to see.

Been 4 years since I dived that wreck, but yeah, it is pretty damn special. Probably one of my favorite wrecks as well. The bones inside are pretty grim, though - really depressing, thinking about the U-boaters towards the latter part of the war, who pretty much knew they werent coming back.

Incidentally, for some reason, of the 20-odd times I've visited that wreck, doing 2 dives/day on it, I've not had a single day of diving where everything has gone perfectly for both me and my buddy.

Cheers,
Vandit

ill throw in another vote for the U-853
for all the same reasons everyone else mentioned..
actually im planning on goin out there this weekend

I just visited the Spiegel Grove this past weekend. Now this it is upright it is a whole new dive.One side is covered in some coral and spnge growth and the other side is nearly pristine. It is huge, requireing several dives to see the majority of it. You could dive for days on this one and hope to see it all. Well fitted for divers there are many cutouts and many paths that never take you out of sight of light. On a low current day any classification of diver can enjoy this wreck because the super structure is now accessible at about 70' and the keel is at about 135. Massive ship and plenty of sea life.

LJ

I recently dove the Ray Of Hope in Nassau, Bahamas, the intresting part of the dive was the dozens of sharks on the wreck. Part of Stuart Cove's shark arena area. It's a must do.

JC

USS Duane........... Key Largo

"Thunderbolt" ..........Marathon Key

At some point in the near future,I plan on making trips to dive the U260 and the U853,maybe the U85 and the U352 too

yo, my favourite wrecks would have to be the empress of ireland and the wyeome in the muskoka area in ontario.

My favorite wreck is either the Keystorm or the Kingshorn in the St Lawrence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom