Name your best or favorite wreck dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSarus:
I would say the U-853 off Block Island but with only 10 minutes bottom time I feel it was just a visit. My favorite wreck so far is the Onedega of the watch hill lighthouse in RI.

I just did that dive 2 weeks ago. Great dive! Fantastic wreck.

Michael

The Stolt Dagali about 20 miles off the Manasquan inlet in NJ. You hit the wreck in about 60' and it goes down to about 130 to 140'.
Check out all the NJ wrecks on www.njscuba.net . This website is probally by far the BEST WEBSITE ON DIVING ON THE WEB. Do yourself a favor and browse throgh it

Take your pick of the dives in Lake Superior at Munising, MI. Why? Let me tell you.

1) The water is a tollerable temperature for Lake Superior.

2) There are some exceptionally cool things in relatively shallow water. for instance, the Burmuda (aka dreadnaught) is an intact wooden schooner that sunk in the 1860 and is sitting in 25 ft of water. So cool.

3) It's in a preserve. One of the 1st in Michigan. These wrecks sould be around for a long time.

4) When you're done with your dives for the day, you can wander the trails of Pictured Rock National Lake Shore. Just a really beautiful place.

1. The next wreck I've yet t dive on.
2. San Francisco Maru, Truk Lagoon
3. Florida, Lake Huron
4. Corniela Windiate, Lake Huron
5. Emperor, Lake Superior

So far my favorite is the San Diego off Long Island, a war ship sunk during WW1. 65 to the wreck 110 to the bottom. It is a very old wreck but still in OK shape. Lots of places to look into.

I have to say that was my last dive. Maybe my next wreck will be my new favorite!

MaxBottomtime:

Phil - love the caissons! Didn't realize they were so deep. What about the glass bottom boat in the Avalon Underwater Park? :wink:

My only real wreck dive was the Mahi off of Oahu. An old cable layer at about 90 feet deep. There was a squadron of eagle rays flying overhead.

wetrat

English ship attacked by the German fighters in the 50's .. 150m. length, the depth is starting from -16m. to -33m.
Resting down in the Red Sea.

In New England (in order of preference):

1: The Pinthis - Always decent vis but cold, and interesting to see her change (breaking apart) over the last 13 years.

2: The Baleen - Just a great, intact and upright, smallish wreck that is easy to navigate around.

3: The U853 - listed 3rd only because I've been there so many times and nowadays it's usually crowded. But still a great dive!

In warmer water:

Gotta dive the Windjamer wreck in Bonaire. Can't wait toget back there!

Back
Top Bottom