Name your best or favorite wreck dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, as a nOOb wreck diver, I only have 14 wreck dives under my belt, and all of them in Tobermory. But I have to say I really liked the Northwind.

The John J. Boland Jr.

Built 1928 in Tyne, England loaded with coal she capsized, and sank on October 5, 1928 in 137 ft. water with loss of 4 crew, 6 miles off Barcelona, NY.

35 miles from my house, and I'm going this weekend :)

Lil' Irish Temper:
The John J. Boland Jr.
Built 1928 in Tyne, England loaded with coal she capsized, and sank on October 5, 1928 in 137 ft. water with loss of 4 crew, 6 miles off Barcelona, NY.

35 miles from my house, and I'm going this weekend :)

That is a great wreck! At 42 degrees it was the inspiration behind my drysuit purchase. Are you going to do the Carlingford (my favorite) as well?

ClevelandDiver:
That is a great wreck! At 42 degrees it was the inspiration behind my drysuit purchase. Are you going to do the Carlingford (my favorite) as well?

I'm not sure which one our second wreck is going to be.

I would have to say the "USS WILKSBARRE-250", "USS KENDRICK-320'' "CURB-190''. These are the ones that I really loved, especially the WB!
Capt Tom

I would say the U-853 off Block Island but with only 10 minutes bottom time I feel it was just a visit. My favorite wreck so far is the Onedega of the watch hill lighthouse in RI.

I've always enjoyed the HMCS Mackenzie - sunk as a reef off of Victoria, BC.

The "namidia" big brother red sea, really cool dive the ships sit's at about 20deg. of vertical so you start your dive by the props "If they were still there " around 285 fsw slowly work your way up through the wreck doing all your stops, pop out of the wreck at 30ft and go with the flow for that last stop, warm clear water you can easily spend 90 to 100 min inthe shelter of the wreck.

ScubaSarus:
I would say the U-853 off Block Island but with only 10 minutes bottom time I feel it was just a visit. My favorite wreck so far is the Onedega of the watch hill lighthouse in RI.

You dove this on a single tank of air?

Back
Top Bottom