N.Sulawesi/Raja Ampat or Palawan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opalobsidian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What should our next diving trip be? Indonesia (N Sulawesi/Raja Ampat) or Palawan, Philippines?

Thanks so much!
Shivaya

NOT Palawan if you're into diving.
Clearly not in the same dive league, there are lots of better places in the Phils. :)

Hey Luko, where'd you suggest?
Give me some inspriation here!

Hey Luko, where'd you suggest?
Give me some inspriation here!
Sipadan? ooops.. you're going there in July (I checked your profile). Good move, well done. :wink:
Now you've got :
Derawan & Maratua / indonesian Borneo
Bangka + Lembeh North Sulawesi
Komodo Indonesia
Alor Indonesia
Raja Ampat indonesia
Banda islands Indonesia
A Safari in the Visayas, Philippines (Negros, Apo Island, Moalboal, Bohol, Cabilao, Malapascua : pick your choice of islands)
Tubattaha Philippines
A liveaboard in the Andaman & Nicobar islands / India

...want more suggestions? :eyebrow: (I can start the pacific area?)

Hi Opalobsidian,

As I am Indonesian, I vote for my country of course :wink:

All the dive sites mentioned by Luko above known for its world class diving and you can made decision about where to dive next time based on
- what time of the year you plan to visit Indonesia?
North Sulawesi (Bunaken, Lembeh, Bangka) & Komodo best time to be visited is from May to October. Raja Ampat best time to be visited on November to April

- Budget
Cost of living in eastern Indonesia much more expensive than the western part which impact the costs of accommodation & diving as well. The basic accommodation rate in Raja Ampat is equal with mid range accommodation rate in North sulawesi

-Type of diving you you are keen on
Name it, Indonesia has it all. Drift diving with great level of biodiversity in Komodo, Wonderful coral garden of Wakatobi, Wall diving of Bunaken, Critters Heaven at Lembeh and Critters Mecca at Banda Islands, Hammerhead Shark at Lombok.

And the newest one on the list: Whale Shark in Papua Nabire which can be visited all year round.

You can choose Liveaboards, Island escape resorts or even city hotel to accommodate your next diving trip.

Some remote areas like Raja Ampat, Wakatobi & Maratua apply fixed schedule to help you safe transfer cost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom