MySpace Pages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoCalMike:
I was taking underwater pics after 5 dives, and im still here to be able to type this! Recomending someone with than less than 100 dives to not carry a camera is a pretty huge broad statement.

Fish_Whisperer:
Agreed. I carried a camera on my first dives, after getting certified. I don't want to be bothered with it anymore, because I am truly NOT a photographer, by any stretch of the imagination, but to say that anyone with less than 100 dives should not be carrying a camera, is just ridiculous.
I didn't say "...should not be carrying a camera...". I would not recommend it, as my opinion is indeed otherwise, but I did not suggest not, either. I also did say "but it's done."

Anyway, if he wants camera suggestions, we have an excellent forum for that.

If he wants to improve his diving skills as a diver, we have an excellent forum for that.

And if he happens to want suggestions as to when a new diver should start carrying a camera, that could be asked on either forum.

Also keep in mind that I am not posting as a pro here, just based on my own learning experiences - here and in the sea...

Fish_Whisperer:
Okay, okay... Don't get your panties in a wad. :wink:
Ok, I try to post conservatively here, and when my post is called just ridiculous, I consider eating crow or explaining myself... :wink:

Fish_Whisperer:
Sorry... Would "preposterous" have been better? :D
:lol2: No, but no worries...

I use myspace back at home but here in Brasil all the dive shops and computer users use Orkut. The dives shops can be added as friends and they send promotions and dive locations to you. I think its cool better than some of the once a month or yearly newsletters I get from US LDS.

Crawl79:
I use myspace back at home but here in Brasil all the dive shops and computer users use Orkut.

Signed myself up to Orkut. Wow they want a lot of information about a person! Four pages of contact information and personal preferences. Anyone would think they were gathering marketing information on their users :wink:

But then I went to search for dive shops and found nothing. Can you tell me what search term to use to find them?

Back
Top Bottom