Myakka Deep Hole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTW - I discussed this with my brother this afternoon - he used to be part of the anti-drug cops in that area and they would find floating pot gardens in the upper river. He said the real issue is snakes in the water - lots of gators but many more snakes!!
bobsea

diversolo:
Snipped>>> My biggest concern would be the areas where we may have to portage around spots that are too shallow.

I remember canoeing the river at times when it was so shallow we had to get out of the canoes and pull them along, with the gators watching. Ah, the good ol days :)

Missdirected:
I remember canoeing the river at times when it was so shallow we had to get out of the canoes and pull them along, with the gators watching. Ah, the good ol days :)

That's what got me to thinking that we should wait until the rains pick up and make portage unnecessary.

I'll go when it starts to rain. it will be better when the river comes up. it being low know will tend to concregate the lizards in the deeper holes same when it gets cold they will sit down in the deep holes and kinda hibernate. i'd wait but if yall go know let me know i'll go.

d

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom