My zoop died. What next?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Suunto spanks you real hard if you don't wait the magic 60 minutes between dives. Better to have 2 computers that agree closely.

So if you have a 55 minute SI, you get penalized? How badly? I ask since one of my computers is a Zoop and it is not unusual to have SI of 50-55 minutes. Second dives are usually NDL and not air limited for me.

What brand or model (similar in price and functionality to the Zoop) would be the least conservative?

I really don't know.

I know that he Suunto is the most conservative because I used to work for a Suunto dealership and used one in my everyday diving. I went on a liveaboard trip and buddied the whole time with someone who had a different brand. It was, shall we say, interesting. Our computers were as different as night and day. Mine wanted me to end the dive way before his, and his was letting him out of the water before mine. He called me "Captain Deco." I then checked some comparative charts of computers, and the Suuntos were far more conservative than any of the others. I don't recall which ones were at the other end. It was not a bell curve, though. The Suuntos stood out from the rest.

Back
Top Bottom