My Wife Thinks I'm In My Office Doing the Books...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why never dive it wet?

Sweet rig man. I know nothing about SP regs, but the rest is plain b-e-a-utiful :D
My calculations for this set of doubles is out in my truck, It's COLD outside and I'm too lazy and warm to go get them right now- so I'll have to just "ballpark" it for you. This rig is about 104 to 110 lbs in actual weight. If I remember correctly- with the tanks fully charged it is 35 maybe 40 something lbs negative.

I would not dive this rig wet because- if it all went to hell in a bucket....ie- complete wing failure; trying to swim up 35 or 45lbs while the poo-poo is hitting the fan is an easy way to die.

My calculations for this set of doubles is out in my truck, It's COLD outside and I'm too lazy and warm to go get them right now- so I'll have to just "ballpark" it for you. This rig is about 104 to 110 lbs in actual weight. If I remember correctly- with the tanks fully charged it is 35 maybe 40 something lbs negative.

I would not dive this rig wet because- if it all went to hell in a bucket....ie- complete wing failure; trying to swim up 35 or 45lbs while the poo-poo is hitting the fan is an easy way to die.

Good call!

But actually I've been busy putting my latest creation together.
Worthington X8-119's
Highland bands
Sea Elite 300 bar manifold
MK25's
S600, RG2010
Diverite SS plate

Well it is better than your wife thinking you are in the the office doing the secretary. Either way you are going to be in trouble especially if you did not tell her you bought a set of set of doubles. And whatever you do, don't come home all wet and smelling like neoprene :)

Yes, I am glad you talked yourself out of the air 2. Thats for shallow dives. If you are anywhere below 60 fsw, you need to expand your redundant air source exponentially. FIgure your lungs breath two leters of air with each breath, add your atmospheric compression and see what you need to get you back to the top. At a 100 fsw, I figure you need at least 30cf.

Ohhhh shiny!

:D

OneBrightGator:

And especially if you're diving wet, an AL plate will soon follow.

Seems like I saw intermediate buoyancy plates that insert between the tanks somewhere, but a quick check on Dive-Rite and Golem and I don't see them. Am I hallucinating? :multi:

Ohhhh shiny!

:D
Shiny is a good thing, black is good also.:wink:

Tobin shipped my wing out on Monday.:eyebrow:
My new DUI arrived Wed.:eyebrow:
Life is good!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom