My Walkthrough and Review of Ratio iColor Deep after a few dives.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Puppeteer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
There's not many video's on this dive computer, so I thought I'd give my initial thoughts on it after having had a few dives.

Higlights:
Easy to operate.
The most important information always seems to be highlighted when you need it.
Great value for money with current specials.
Good air integration.
Does what it says on the box.
Out of the box support for Subsurface

Lowlights:
No vibration alerts.
Can't currently scroll through more than the last dive on the computer (I think this is a bug with the current firmware as old firmware did - I've logged this with Ratio)
Can't turn off 1st mix, even though the option is there.
Can be hard to see in direct sunlight with the screen protector.

Happy to answer any questions people have.

Questions:

1. Does the compass track your turns fast enough without too much lag? (I wish they made an option to control the compass track speed)

2. Does the computer show the Gas time remaining on the screen in addition to the NDL, current depth, dive time and pressure all in one screen without having to press a button to find out what your gas time remaining is underwater while diving? (I have the iX3M Tech + and it does show everything without having to keep pressing buttons to read the GTR but my Scubapro A2 you needs to press a button to navigate to a secondary screen to see your gas time remaining but then you don't see your NDL which stupid and annoying. BTW, I think that Ratio calls remaining gas time as "RBT" or "Remaining Bottom Time")

3. Did you use the strap that came with it or did you convert it to a "NATO" type strap?

4. Does it have Bluetooth to connect to a PC/Subsurface?

(I left you a comment on YT :) )

Questions:

1. Does the compass track your turns fast enough without too much lag? (I wish they made an option to control the compass track speed)

I didn't find the lag problematic. As I mentioned in the video, I use the white indicator on the borders to keep on my heading, and it seemed perfectly responsive, and frankly easier than using my console compass. It would be nice to have the option to control the track speed though.
2. Does the computer show the Gas time remaining on the screen in addition to the NDL, current depth, dive time and pressure all in one screen without having to press a button to find out what your gas time remaining is underwater while diving? (I have the iX3M Tech + and it does show everything without having to keep pressing buttons to read the GTR but my Scubapro A2 you needs to press a button to navigate to a secondary screen to see your gas time remaining but then you don't see your NDL which stupid and annoying. BTW, I think that Ratio calls remaining gas time as "RBT" or "Remaining Bottom Time")
In the bottom section of the iDive Color you can select 1 set of information at a time. It will stay on what you select. I had pressure selected for my first 3 dives. I'm 99% certain that you could instead select RBT (I'll check it next time and update). So you can't have the exact pressure and RBT showing on the same screen, however, the bar graph on the right does show while on all dive screens (except compass), so you have that visual indicator available, even with RBT showing at the bottom.

NDL (or TTS if you are in Deco) show all the time, even in the compass screen.
3. Did you use the strap that came with it or did you convert it to a "NATO" type strap?
I'm using the strap that shipped with it. It's very comfortable and feels really solid.
4. Does it have Bluetooth to connect to a PC/Subsurface?
No, you can only connect with the cable. As it is a serial connection it should theoretically be able to connect to my samsung phone and subsurface should be able to download, but I need to find an adapter to test that.
(I left you a comment on YT :) )
Thankyou

Did the GF presets meet your needs or would you have wanted the custom GF presets on the Tech+ line?
I'm not diving deco yet, so it's not yet critical. I chose 80/80 for higher first stop without pushing the limit of the ceiling of the model.

The GF presets are:
Buhlmann
0 = 93/93
1 = 90/90
2= 80/80
3 = 75/75
4 = 50/85
5 = 45/80

VPM-B
0 = 50
1 = 55
2 = 60
3 = 70
4 = 80
5 = 90

I'm not diving deco yet, so it's not yet critical. I chose 80/80 for higher first stop without pushing the limit of the ceiling of the model.

The GF presets are:
Buhlmann
0 = 93/93
1 = 90/90
2= 80/80
3 = 75/75
4 = 50/85
5 = 45/80

VPM-B
0 = 50
1 = 55
2 = 60
3 = 70
4 = 80
5 = 90
I would be glad to use 93/93 or maybe 90/90 on my no stop dives, too bad they don't have SurfGF among their functions.

Did the GF presets meet your needs or would you have wanted the custom GF presets on the Tech+ line?

Custom GF is only available in the Tech+ version. I believe it is a 99 euro license upgrade if he wanted to upgrade his computer to the Tech+ version.

Custom GF is only available in the Tech+ version. I believe it is a 99 euro license upgrade if he wanted to upgrade his computer to the Tech+ version.
Yes, that is correct. I can upgrade to the Tech+ if I need it (though on the Easy/Deep hardware). The Tech+ has sapphire glass and a higher depth rating if you buy it up front.

Even the deep has more features than I currently need. I got the Deep because it was cheaper than the Easy at the time I bought it. They have the Easy on special now though (same price I paid for my Deep). The Deep is now a bit more expensive, so the sale may be coming to an end.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom