My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Head should be down more. My tanks hang down further in the back I believe. I need to get pics in a pool.

As in, more forward trim weight?

No, lengthen the straps holding the butts of your tanks so they hang lower. Your butt can rise a bit and get your feet off the floor. Mind you, I am no expert by any means. I just know what works for me.

No, lengthen the straps holding the butts of your tanks so they hang lower. Your butt can rise a bit and get your feet off the floor. Mind you, I am no expert by any means. I just know what works for me.

:shocked2: I'm not so sure my husband will go for that!!!!

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :kiss2:

Agree you are feet down,head up. This is what I would try to fix that:
1)Take the silly boots off and put the cambands lower on the tanks. That will move the tanks towards your head which should flatten out your trim.
2)Lighter fins
3)Heavier trim weights on the shoulder.

If all else fails maybe you could inflate that lift bag a little?

Agree you are feet down,head up. This is what I would try to fix that:
1)Take the silly boots off and put the cambands lower on the tanks. That will move the tanks towards your head which should flatten out your trim.
2)Lighter fins
3)Heavier trim weights on the shoulder.

If all else fails maybe you could inflate that lift bag a little?

You're so hilarious!!! :rolf3: :hugs:

So, how much lower should the cambands be?

You're so hilarious!!! :rolf3: :hugs:

BTW . . . Should I look at increasing the trim weights? Currently, they're at 2 lbs each shoulder.

:hm: Lighter fins . . . I do have my pink Twin-Jets . . . :D

Looking at it again, the left tank is a full 6" back in comparison to the right tank. The right tank looks in a good position while the left tank appears to have the tail lower than the neck. I still feel you should lengthen those straps a bit and get your valves under each underarm.

Dunno. An inch or 2? Just play around with them and see what works.

Increasing the trim weights would work as well but is not the best way to go if you are
already negative (e.g diving a wetsuit!!!)

Edit: Quick thing to try: Hold the spgs firmly and pull the tanks forwards 6 inches or so,your head should go down.

Looking at it again, the left tank is a full 6" back in comparison to the right tank. The right tank looks in a good position while the left tank appears to have the tail lower than the neck. I still feel you should lengthen those straps a bit and get your valves under each underarm.

Yes, the tanks were a little weird this time . . . usually the valves are equal, but this time it seemed like the right bungee was shorter or something. I've looked at all the videos and just don't get it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom